Some shots of my favorite models

00SS00SS Registered Users Posts: 730 Major grins
edited October 20, 2009 in People
Just some shots of my kids that I thought came out good...

#1 (Micaela, 13 goin on 20)
micaela1.jpg

#2 (Danielle, 9 )
danielle_portrait.jpg

#3 (Megan and Lauren, almost 8)
MeganandLauren-portrait2.jpg

#4 (Megan)
megan2.jpg

#5 (Lauren)
lauren-onbike.jpg

C&C always welcome
Devin
Devin

Comments

• adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2009
    Nice shots overall, though your color varies quite a bit.

#1 looks like too much flash hit her square in the face. The lighting seems really odd here. Coincidentally, my daughter's name is Mychaella.

#2 Gorgeous shot!! I think it is a bit on the blue (color) side though.
    #3 Ditto on both counts (beauty and blue)
    #4 Now yer cookin' !! Wonderful color!!!
    #5 Great light, just a little yellow/green (I think). Nice shadowing.

Great models Devin!

ps. Normally these would be on the people forum, no?
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • 00SS00SS Registered Users Posts: 730 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    Nice shots overall, though your color varies quite a bit.

#1 looks like too much flash hit her square in the face. The lighting seems really odd here. Coincidentally, my daughter's name is Mychaella.

#2 Gorgeous shot!! I think it is a bit on the blue (color) side though.
    #3 Ditto on both counts (beauty and blue)
    #4 Now yer cookin' !! Wonderful color!!!
    #5 Great light, just a little yellow/green (I think). Nice shadowing.

Great models Devin!

ps. Normally these would be on the people forum, no?

Many thanks Andrew, and much appreciated feedback. And yes, I should have put them in people (mods feel free to move). I have been experimenting with the WB since starting to shoot in raw and was just trying some diff processing styles. I think i am getting to slider happy with the vibrance and saturation. I am still struggling with figuring out how to do curve adjustment on just one area (or any for that matter). I shoot with the auto WB and most everything comes out very yellowish. I will keep learning and have another go at these.

again, thanks for the comments, oh, and that is cool how you spell your daughters name, never seen it spelled that way thumb.gif
    Devin
    edited October 20, 2009
    00SS wrote:
    Many thanks Andrew, and much appreciated feedback. And yes, I should have put them in people (mods feel free to move). I have been experimenting with the WB since starting to shoot in raw and was just trying some diff processing styles. I think i am getting to slider happy with the vibrance and saturation. I am still struggling with figuring out how to do curve adjustment on just one area (or any for that matter). I shoot with the auto WB and most everything comes out very yellowish. I will keep learning and have another go at these.

again, thanks for the comments, oh, and that is cool how you spell your daughters name, never seen it spelled that way thumb.gif

What are you using for post? When I first started w/ LR I got vibrance happy, now I rarely touch it, or just tweak it. A photog friend smacked me on the knuckles...rolleyes1.gif
    - Andrew

My SmugMug Site
    edited October 20, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    What are you using for post? When I first started w/ LR I got vibrance happy, now I rarely touch it, or just tweak it. A photog friend smacked me on the knuckles...rolleyes1.gif

rolleyes1.gif i have a feeling that's what i need (smack on the knuckles), i use PSE7 - i seem to like it ok, just have to spend more time on it. I use to not like to post process at all (i really only started taking pics in Jan this year) but have seen the light so to speak when I started shooting in raw. I also think i was dropping the clarity on these to make them feel softer (kinda what i was going for).

I have been thinking of buying LR - i used a demo for a couple weeks but didn't know enough about processing as a whole to take advantage i think.
    still might not.. rolleyes1.gif
    Devin
    edited October 20, 2009
    I skeptically tried the trial version of LR2 and have been using it ever since. It makes doing batch processing so much easier. If you do any events (even little stuff like kids sports -- okay now you know I'm not a native Texan when I've said that...) But you can apply all sorts of adjustments in batch very quickly, it is non-desctructive in the edits (cropping, e.g., never throws pixels away, it just hides them). You can always go back to your starting point.
    - Andrew

My SmugMug Site
    edited October 20, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    I skeptically tried the trial version of LR2 and have been using it ever since. It makes doing batch processing so much easier. If you do any events (even little stuff like kids sports -- okay now you know I'm not a native Texan when I've said that...) But you can apply all sorts of adjustments in batch very quickly, it is non-desctructive in the edits (cropping, e.g., never throws pixels away, it just hides them). You can always go back to your starting point.

ah, i think it's time to make a purchase then.. takes forever to edit all of them the same way (for the most part). where are you from mass ?
    Devin
    edited October 20, 2009
    00SS wrote:
    ah, i think it's time to make a purchase then.. takes forever to edit all of them the same way (for the most part). where are you from mass ?

I live in Austin now, but I grew up in Pittsburgh. We didn't have kickball championships up there....rolleyes1.gif
    - Andrew

My SmugMug Site