Email

Comments

• Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2009
    Flyinggina wrote:

C&C welcome.

Virginia
    Love two and three - particularly two. There's something about one that doesn't quite work for me - something missing in terms of the composition, perhaps? But two is a killer, and three is a nice image.

More! More!clap.gifclap.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2009
    Wow, I'm on the same page as BD....
    Love your b/w conversions as well!!!

#1 is sort of the wrong juxtoposition since she looked at you. Though I love the giant fist in the poster getting ready to clock her in the back of the head...

#2 is WOW in all sorts of ways.

#3 is a great capture with all those posessions held tightly in the bejeweled hands.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    thoththoth Registered Users Posts: 1,085 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2009
    Damn, I seem to be saying ditto a lot these days, but number two is simply fantastic. Excellent shot, Virginia. thumb.gif
    Travis
  • Options
    tortillatorturetortillatorture Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2009
    same for me, 2 & 3 are really great shots, the nr3 put a smile on my face, thank you! =)
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,928 moderator
    edited October 21, 2009
    15524779-Ti.gif with all of the above. #2 is outstanding. clap.gifclapclap.gif
  • Options
    FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2009
    Thanks everyone for your comments. Because people did not like it, I found the comments on and response to #1 the most thought provoking for me.

That said, #2 is by far my favorite as well. Itis a strange capture that moves me every time I look at it.

Virginia

Email
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2009
    #2 just tugs at my heartstrings! iloveyou.gif What a beautiful moment! #3 is a really nice image...great lighting and love the strong contrast. #1 I like it, but not as much as the other two images. The expressions are both interesting, but something seems lacking for me and I'm not sure what it is. Perhaps just the composition. Good stuff, Virginia!
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2009
    2 is amazing but i like 3rd most. Nice to see her relaxing after shopping :D
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2009
    2 is amazing but i like 3rd most. Nice to see her relaxing after shopping :D

Funny you see relaxing--and I see worn out.

Great shots--#2 is almost disturbing--I think I'm reading too much into it--but the lady with the flower makes me a little sad.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2009
    Thank you Awais. Glad you like #3. I think that she was so worn out that she was totally relaxed!!

Appreciate your comments very much, Saurora, on all three pix. I like your take on #2. It is a powerful image for me.

Liz, I know the story behind #2, and it isn't at all disturbing, but every time I look at the picture, I experience it as very unsettling. 'Tis why I like it.

Virginia

Email
  • Options
    sara505sara505 Registered Users Posts: 1,684 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2009
    Flyinggina wrote:
    Thank you Awais. Glad you like #3. I think that she was so worn out that she was totally relaxed!!

Appreciate your comments very much, Saurora, on all three pix. I like your take on #2. It is a powerful image for me.

Liz, I know the story behind #2, and it isn't at all disturbing, but every time I look at the picture, I experience it as very unsettling. 'Tis why I like it.

Virginia

Love #3 - the face and posture say a lot.