gallery backup

kirkykirky Registered Users Posts: 7 Big grins
edited January 10, 2010 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I can't seem to purchase a gallery back up like I have done in the past. Am I missing something?:D

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2009
    Nope. We're very sorry for the confusion!

We use an outside service for this process; unfortunately, in the past couple of weeks, there has been some trouble with the interface between SmugMug and the provider, and they cannot make any disks at this time. We've temporarily suspended the option until things are worked out. No worries, we've provided this service since we first opened for business, and hope to restore it as soon as possible.

We do have some great third-party applications that will help you download your images:

http://wiki.smugmug.net/display/SmugMug/Hacks+and+Apps

AlbumFetcher is an excellent windows-based application that will download entire galleries into folders, complete with filenames, captions and keywords. RapidFetcher works great on the Mac. There are several choices for you, though. Each with a little something different to offer.

Again, we're sorry for the inconvenience. If I didn't explain enough or you have additional questions, please let us know. We're always glad to help.
  • kirkykirky Registered Users Posts: 7 Big grins
    edited November 2, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    Nope. We're very sorry for the confusion!

We use an outside service for this process; unfortunately, in the past couple of weeks, there has been some trouble with the interface between SmugMug and the provider, and they cannot make any disks at this time. We've temporarily suspended the option until things are worked out. No worries, we've provided this service since we first opened for business, and hope to restore it as soon as possible.

We do have some great third-party applications that will help you download your images:

http://wiki.smugmug.net/display/SmugMug/Hacks+and+Apps

AlbumFetcher is an excellent windows-based application that will download entire galleries into folders, complete with filenames, captions and keywords. RapidFetcher works great on the Mac. There are several choices for you, though. Each with a little something different to offer.

Again, we're sorry for the inconvenience. If I didn't explain enough or you have additional questions, please let us know. We're always glad to help.

Any update on the status of the gallery backups?
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2009
    kirky wrote:
    Any update on the status of the gallery backups?
    No, and there won't be for a while, till we have a new service - which we'll announce in release notes. You'll want to subscribe to our Release Notes blog, so that you don't miss a single update from SmugMug :)http://blogs.smugmug.com/release-notes/ at the bottom, there's a link for Entries (RSS) - put that in your favorite feed reader.

For now, use the free tools and get the galleries. Thanks!
  • kevtillerkevtiller Registered Users Posts: 5 Big grins
    edited January 10, 2010
    I have read the above and this thread so can see the situation. I understand it may take a while to find a new backup provider (as per last Nov). Do you have a rought eta eg a month, 6 months, a year ? how high is it on the priority list ? (I didn't want to download x gigs myself and are quite happy for do a pro job).

assume a backup will keep the rotations, keyswords, captions, album info etc.

been with smugmug a couple of years and its all good (apart from the backups).