New to Dgrin

FstoplifeFstoplife Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
edited October 24, 2009 in People
This is my first time posting on DGrin, just want some friendly C&C on some shots. TIA.

These are from a Halloween photoshoot.
3963483776_5038a0b9bd.jpg

3962706749_19effa1af8.jpg
I am not sure if I like the one with him behind the tree or this one better:
3.3962705585_c497fc2361.jpg
Flickr My, not quite there yet, website

~This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.~

Comments

• lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2009
    Welcome to Dgrinclap.gif .
    These are pretty creepy shots, I like them.
    We have a challenge going on right now called "Creepy or Crawly" I think shot #2 would be perfect for this challenge. The shot must have been taken on 10/19/09 or after though to comply with the rules. If you are interested visit the Challenges forum.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2009
    wave.gif Welcome!

I really like the first one! The 2nd is also pretty cool - I think I prefer it to the 3rd. Have you considered playing around further with the processing on those? The dark mood and bright lighting seem a little contradictory to me (although that's also part of what makes it fun, too, so could be argued either way).
  • D'BuggsD'Buggs Registered Users Posts: 958 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2009
    I like your post work in 1 but feel #2 has some good potential. I like it far better than 3. In 2, the mans feet have been chopped off, If it were my image, I'd play with the crop some more.

Cheers!
  • FstoplifeFstoplife Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2009
    Thank you all!!

I was going for the contradiction. It was a family portrait gone wrong. I'll maybe try some PP, but I think that its going to not be the look I was going for as now I am thrusting this daughter and father into the woods at night for a photoshoot, why would they be there at night? I dunno I def appreciate the comments and criticism, I've been lurking and everyone here is so honest and straightforward, some of the other boards I frequent they don't say the not so good, only the good and I think it's very important to know what is not so great so you can learn to improve it.

As far as his crops go, I can crop a bit more but I don't want to go too far, then it ends up looking like his legs are amputated. I will play around with everything you guys said. I am always looking for advice to improve my shots.
    Flickr My, not quite there yet, website

~This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.~
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2009
    Welcome!!! You really need to post a third shot of the ghoul (sp)sneaking up on the couple with their reaction....I feel cheated.
  • Mr. QuietMr. Quiet Registered Users Posts: 1,047 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2009
    Welcome to DGrin!

IMHO, the first one is best....
    If you work at something hard enough, you WILL achieve your goal. "Me"

D200
    NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4 D
    Tamron SP AF90mm f/2.8 Di 1:1

Welcome to my NEW website!

Mr. Christoferson
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2009
    Welcome to Dgrin, Fstoplife wave.gif Let us know if you have any questions!

I too prefer the first two over the last one thumb.gif