stone bridge

wendellwendell Registered Users Posts: 308 Major grins
edited October 24, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
p287325037-4.jpg

This bridge is in Cumberland Mt. State Park. Built between 1935-40, by the Civilian Conservation Corps'.

Comments

• rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2009
    Wendell,

This is a very cool image. My eyes keep dancing over it, comparing the image to the reflection.

Thanks for posting thumb.gif
    Randy
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2009
    Very cool. I like how the reflection provides imagry not available in the upper half.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • wendellwendell Registered Users Posts: 308 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2009
    Randy and Andrew, thanks for commenting. I was excited until I got home and realized that I had captured jpg. files rather than raw. I can't believe that I didn't catch that. I forgot to mention the bridge and park are located in Crossville, TN.
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2009
    I like it thumb.gif

Old bridges are so interesting to look at - as much as reading about the history of them.

My hubby's Dad did some building for the Civilian Conservation Corp in MT long ago. They built roads in the mountains.
  • RonA18RonA18 Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited October 23, 2009
    Overall a nice shot, but the brightness of the reflection at the bridge is a little distracting for me. Nowhere near a throw away though.

Ron
    Ron

40D Gripped ~ 30D ~ 70-200mm f/2.8L IS~17-55mm f/2.8 IS ~ EF 50mm f1.8 II ~ EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS ~ 430EX II
    Website...http://www.shutterspeedphoto-video.com
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2009
    Love the sense of peace and serenity in this image. thumb.gif

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2009
    Hi Wendell,

Nicely captured. The rising vapors make for a unique look. This picture requires multiple visits to appreciate all that it offers. Well done.

Take care,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.