Aspens near Stanley, ID

acowanacowan Registered Users Posts: 156 Major grins
edited October 24, 2009 in Landscapes
First, I should say that this is my first post. I've been on SmugMug for about 10 months but haven't really checked out the forums. I've been missin' out!

Anyway, here are two different shots that I've taken from close to the same spot. I found this grove/area of aspens back in the spring and was determined to go back when the leaves had changed colors. I didn't catch the colors quite at their peak. Nonetheless I lean toward the springtime photo rather than the fall. I don't know why. What do you all think?
(Hopefully the images are visible...)

668830320_h3vmC-M-1.jpg

570531906_EMTPd-M-1.jpg

Comments

• squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2009
    very pretty country there... any nice colors up near Redfish or Stanley Lake? i bet McGown Peak would look great reflected in the lake about now...
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • acowanacowan Registered Users Posts: 156 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2009
    I haven't been back up to Stanley in a few weeks. Some of the aspens hadn't even starting changing color but I'm sure most of the leaves would be off the trees by now. I agree with you about the pretty country...McGown Peak is my favorite sunrise/sunset spot around Stanley.
  • NwestrnrNwestrnr Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited October 24, 2009
    Very nice Aaron I've seen several of your Sawtooth images ,though these are nicely done I prefer the spring time photo better for some reason . I went early up to Bench lake was pretty dissapointed in my shots up there headscratch.gif Oh well. till next year :lurk