689472409_qAKwo-L.jpg

Comments

• divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2009
    Heeeheeee! The "Q" kind of gives it away, methinks.... :D

Neat picture... and WELCOME to dgrin! clap.gif
  • Mr. QuietMr. Quiet Registered Users Posts: 1,047 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2009
    I have no idea who it is, but if it is a self portrait, it is very good!clap.gif
    If you work at something hard enough, you WILL achieve your goal. "Me"

D200
    NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4 D
    Tamron SP AF90mm f/2.8 Di 1:1

Welcome to my NEW website!

Mr. Christoferson
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2009
    I'll bet a banana that the guy's name is Matt :D
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
    edited October 22, 2009
    The only real question is, is it pere or fils? I'm guessing pere, since I"m not sure that would have been the easiest self-portrait to achieve :D
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    The only real question is, is it pere or fils? I'm guessing pere, since I"m not sure that would have been the easiest self-portrait to achieve :D

Pere or fils? eworj'sdu09wpejJ"pjsd09uerppwoeiownnv898j30 7123nl3...I think that's what you just said rolleyes1.gif
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
    edited October 22, 2009
    Swartzy wrote:
    Pere or fils? eworj'sdu09wpejJ"pjsd09uerppwoeiownnv898j30 7123nl3...I think that's what you just said rolleyes1.gif

naughty.gifD
  • lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    naughty.gifD

You're so cryptic, but I'm onto you! And im thinking it's one of the two as well. ;). My guess is the picture is of pere....

Edit: welcome home Matt! We've heard a lot about you!
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2009
    A clue: Take a close look at this guy's neck - see all those folds? It's not often you'll find those on a twenty-something, especially not one who's in "Army-shape". Here's Matt in all his "hotness" (he's going to kill me for that when he reads this post :D)
    682685348_hzb8C-M.jpg

So, yup - that's me.

After accessing the plumbing fixtures to the bath in the up-stairs bathroom and seeing the extent of the twenty-to-thirty-year-old (and well before we moved into the house) water damage to the sub-floor under the tub, the DW and I decided that it's time to re-model that bathroom. It's so bad that the first couple of times I got into the shower, I did it very carefully .... hoping the floor wouldn't fail as I did so. Yes, the floor as been that way since we moved into the house in '91, but fears aren't rational.

Anyway, we need a trailer to haul off the construction materials as the city kinda frowns on people who dump such at the curb for pick up (it's probably an offense worthy of a citation and/or fine). So, this is me, cutting off the stop-end of the middle rail of a 35-year old three-rail motorcycle trailer. As I'm cutting the first one off, the DW and Matt come out and ask if it's alright to take pictures. Sure! The sun was just setting and Matt was able to capture the blue cast from the last day light contrasted with the bright orange from the burning steel.

Anyway, now you know who has the artistic bent in our family. deal.gif
    edited October 23, 2009
    :D

It's actually a really cool picture - the sparks are well captured, and it's definitely "a slice of life" - even without knowing the backstory it was obvious there WAS a backstory and that it wasn't "just a guy with a welder", which in and of itself makes the picture more interesting and provocative.

Cool that there's another father/son team hittin' the boards in tandem - go dgrin!! thumb.gif