putting pictures together

goldilocksandmy3bearsgoldilocksandmy3bears Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
edited October 24, 2009 in Technique
I don't know what it is called so sorry if this post is confusing.
I am wondering how do i put 3 pictures together into one. For instance I have this picture of a little boy who is sitting in the same spot but each picture shows him w/ different facial expressions. I want to put the 3 pictures next to each other to make one picture.. does that make sense?:dunno
Hoping someone can help
Thanks
Court
Courtney

Comments

• Thunder RabbitThunder Rabbit Registered Users Posts: 172 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2009
    Howdy.

Hi, Courtney. What imaging software are you using?
    Peace,
    Lee

Thunder Rabbit GRFX
    www.thunderrabbitgrfx.com
  • goldilocksandmy3bearsgoldilocksandmy3bears Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2009
    Howdy.

Hi, Courtney. What imaging software are you using?
    CS4
    Courtney
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited October 24, 2009
    You want to create a "tryptich" as opposed to a montage?

Open all three images in PS. Pick the center image, and hit Image>Canvas Size. In the dialogue box enlarge the canvas an appropriate amount - maybe 300 % if all three images are square and about the same size. DO not increase the height of the canvas unless needed.

Click on the image for the left side of the canvas, ctrl-A to select it, ctrl-C to copy it, and ctrl-V to paste in onto its own layer on your larger canvas. You can move it around by holding down the V key and moving it with your mouse. You MAY want to turn on the rulers with View>Rulers or pressing Ctrl-R to help align your images. Repeat the process for the rightmost image as well. When you have all three images centered and spaced as you want them, flatten the layers and you are on your way!

Is this answer helpful, Courtney?
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2009
    In the Layer menu there are also align options (and if you work in all unlocked layers a distribtute option to evenly distribute the images in the layers). You just select all the layers (ctrl-click on each layer, or select the top and shift-click on the bottom). Happy merging.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site