White River Falls, OR

BladeFlapBladeFlap Registered Users Posts: 50 Big grins
edited October 26, 2009 in Landscapes
Finally got my smugmug account, so I wanted to test linking.

Here's a shot from White River Falls State Park in OR. Highly recommend the spot to others. Not only are the falls beautiful, but there are some old ruins from a power generation station that you can wander around in and get those post-apocalyptic B&W shots too. :wink

688796239_MJuji-L.jpg

Comments

• squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2009
    neat looking spot.., where in Oregon is it? i'd like to pay a visit next time i'm down that way...
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • BladeFlapBladeFlap Registered Users Posts: 50 Big grins
    edited October 25, 2009
    squirl033 wrote:
    neat looking spot.., where in Oregon is it? i'd like to pay a visit next time i'm down that way...

East side of Mt. Hood, near Tygh Valley. Great day trip from PDX with hiking, swimming, etc.
  • squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2009
    BladeFlap wrote:
    East side of Mt. Hood, near Tygh Valley. Great day trip from PDX with hiking, swimming, etc.

thanks! i'll put it on my list... ;)
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2009
    Lovely! Looks like a place I need to visit! Thanks for sharing!
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2009
    Very cool - I wasn't aware of that state park, thanks for the information! Love the way the rocks have eroded, nice composition too. Definitely somewhere to put on my list.
  • WirenWiren Registered Users Posts: 741 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2009
    Nice shot! I have been looking at this site and been meaning to get there, just a little more of a travel than usual. I haven't seen any real good images of it at any rate to get me all excited. This shot will make me want to get out there as it looks all to easy to get too from the Trailhead.

Thanks for the great post.

Lee
    Lee Wiren
  • boneywhitefootboneywhitefoot Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited October 26, 2009
    Lovely shot
    God made two great lights; the sun to rule by day and the moon to rule by night. He also made the stars.
    And He set them all in the heavens to give light upon the earth; And God saw that it was good.

Ive seen the light and it is indeed very good

http://www.lightchasers-nz.com/