Help

melspencermelspencer Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
edited July 11, 2005 in People
This is a photo of myself, which actually is a pretty good expression. However, my girlfriends camera is temper mental and it is blurry. I have photo shop I just haven't figured out how to fix it. Can anyone tell me what to or show me how this photo could look better?

Comments

• gpgoldgpgold Registered Users Posts: 469 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2005
    melspencer wrote:
    This is a photo of myself, which actually is a pretty good expression. However, my girlfriends camera is temper mental and it is blurry. I have photo shop I just haven't figured out how to fix it. Can anyone tell me what to or show me how this photo could look better?
    I'm not sure how much you can do when the image is OOF. However I did a little USM and then seeing the grain thought of converting to B&W. Cropped a bit also - no extra charge!

27919059-M.jpg

I don't know what you think, but it is a possible direction.

regards,

Gary
  • colourboxcolourbox Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2005
    Here's my very quick attempt. There seems to be some inconsistent dithered texture in the hair area, were you previously trying to fix it with the Sharpen tool?

First I applied Reduce Noise filter to try and remove the odd texture, then I applied the Smart Sharpen filter, set to Remove Lens Blur, 100%, 2 pixel radius. Both filters are in Photoshop CS2 only. The Lens Blur setting is designed for reversing out-of-focus blurring, as opposed to Unsharp Mask which is more for sharpening already focused images.

If you did retouch it already, try going back to the original before applying Smart Sharpen.

You're right, it's a nice relaxed expression.

27923272-L.jpg
  • rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2005
    I tried putting it in B+W as well but I ran it through Neat Image and this is what it came up with.
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso