The Way Home

NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
edited October 25, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Some corners, nooks and crannies of the desolation of Tarut ruins still shelter life...

689956521_wr7yZ-L.jpg

Neil
"Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix

Comments

• wendellwendell Registered Users Posts: 308 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2009
    This one is stunning Neil. The mood it purveys is incredible. The shadows, textures and tones are wonderful. I love the perspective you chose for this shot. The open doorway leading to another door, the shoes etc. This is a winner.
    wlthumb.gif
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2009
    I agree its a very good photo. The light coming through the door with the shoes outside makes me not want to enter, but curious about what's happening on the other side of the door.

So..there are people actually there or did you put the shoes there?
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2009
    And outstanding picture, Neil......clap.gif azzaro
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited October 24, 2009
    Oh, I like this one a lot. The vibrant blue and yellow first attract the eye, but then the verticals and diagonal on the left lead you to the shoes. Very rich image, Neil.
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2009
    Hi Neil,

Very good photo. It is a commanding scene and it exhibits excellent technical execution. Well done.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2009
    wendell wrote:
    This one is stunning Neil. The mood it purveys is incredible. The shadows, textures and tones are wonderful. I love the perspective you chose for this shot. The open doorway leading to another door, the shoes etc. This is a winner.
    wlthumb.gif

Very pleased you like it, wendell, thanks very much for your comment!

Neil

edited October 24, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    I agree its a very good photo. The light coming through the door with the shoes outside makes me not want to enter, but curious about what's happening on the other side of the door.

So..there are people actually there or did you put the shoes there?

So, Mary, a human face!!!!???? Who would have thought?!?!?!?!? hehehe:D:D:D I have lived so long with imagining four paws typing your posts, and a wet hairy nose pressed to the screen!iloveyou.giflustiloveyou.gif

Now, you have put me in a predicament, because I'm glad you look at my pics, but I don't want you to have all these negative reactions you describe when you do. What can I do?ne_nau.gif

I'll tell you the story. On this Friday afternoon a week ago, I had spent an hour picking my way around the Tarut ruins, and I was deep in the almost black innards of a three storey high heap of rubble that was once an apartment building. I very nearly missed seeing a stairway to my right. I went over and began climbing, barely able to see the end of my nose. On the third turn I was facing what you see in the photo. The light on either side is coming from the sky through the fallen roof and walls. There was a very animated conversation coming from beyond the doors. I took my photos and went back into the darkness. Were they ghosts in a mirage that appeared on those stairs? Or am I the ghost, appearing out of the black stairwell and returning?

Oh, sorry... is it near your bedtime there?rolleyes1.gif

Thanks, Mary, for your encouragement.thumb.gif

Neil

edited October 24, 2009
    Azzaro wrote:
    And outstanding picture, Neil......clap.gif azzaro

It's a buzz to get your positive comment, Azzaro! Thanks!

Neil

edited October 24, 2009
    Richard wrote:
    Oh, I like this one a lot. The vibrant blue and yellow first attract the eye, but then the verticals and diagonal on the left lead you to the shoes. Very rich image, Neil.

Thanks R, I know you are a hard man to please, and you can't be bought. The only option I have is to believe you!mwink.gif

Thanks!

Neil

edited October 24, 2009
    Hi Neil,

Very good photo. It is a commanding scene and it exhibits excellent technical execution. Well done.

Tom

Tom, with photography, I'm still very wet behind the ears, so your comments are a big encouragement! Thank you.

Neil

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited October 24, 2009
    NeilL wrote:
    Thanks R, I know you are a hard man to please, and you can't be bought.

Ha! You haven't tried. mwink.gif
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2009
    NeilL wrote:
    It's a buzz to get your positive comment, Azzaro! Thanks!

Neil

Neil........YOu are a photographer, world traveler, writer, a teller of stories......
    If I knew your last name would you be a Neil I have heard of????
    Maybe write books? ...comics? ..... travel to places like China
    to work on writing projects .. or do you just write for grins? :D azzaro
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2009
    Neil,

I think the others have pretty much covered the aspects of this image, so I'll not go over those again. I will say there is nothing about this image that needs improvement IMHO. I'd have been proud to have taken this image.

Very nice work thumb.gif
    Randy
    edited October 25, 2009
    Azzaro wrote:
    Neil........YOu are a photographer, world traveler, writer, a teller of stories......
    If I knew your last name would you be a Neil I have heard of????
    Maybe write books? ...comics? ..... travel to places like China
    to work on writing projects .. or do you just write for grins? :D azzaro

Haha... in my dreams!

Well, there is some resemblance... I have been to China a few times, and a couple other places, I do string a few words together sometimes, some of my photos get some good comments occasionally...mwink.gif:D

I'm an Aussie, profession is Psychology-Education, living in Saudi ATM.

Must catch up with your recent posts here, but things been just a bit hectic. Soon.

Neil

edited October 25, 2009
    rwells wrote:
    Neil,

I think the others have pretty much covered the aspects of this image, so I'll not go over those again. I will say there is nothing about this image that needs improvement IMHO. I'd have been proud to have taken this image.

Very nice work thumb.gif

Appreciate that, Randy, thanks!

As I said to Azzaro, will make sure to get back to see your recent posts soon.

Neil

edited October 25, 2009
    Richard wrote:
    Ha! You haven't tried. mwink.gif

:D

• DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2009
    NeilL wrote:
    So, Mary, a human face!!!!???? Who would have thought?!?!?!?!? hehehe:D:D:D I have lived so long with imagining four paws typing your posts, and a wet hairy nose pressed to the screen!iloveyou.giflustiloveyou.gif

Now, you have put me in a predicament, because I'm glad you look at my pics, but I don't want you to have all these negative reactions you describe when you do. What can I do?ne_nau.gif

I'll tell you the story. On this Friday afternoon a week ago, I had spent an hour picking my way around the Tarut ruins, and I was deep in the almost black innards of a three storey high heap of rubble that was once an apartment building. I very nearly missed seeing a stairway to my right. I went over and began climbing, barely able to see the end of my nose. On the third turn I was facing what you see in the photo. The light on either side is coming from the sky through the fallen roof and walls. There was a very animated conversation coming from beyond the doors. I took my photos and went back into the darkness. Were they ghosts in a mirage that appeared on those stairs? Or am I the ghost, appearing out of the black stairwell and returning?

Oh, sorry... is it near your bedtime there?rolleyes1.gif

Thanks, Mary, for your encouragement.thumb.gif

Neil

Hi Neil :D

rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif Yeah a human face although some days it does feel like I have 4 paws typing away on my keyboard. As for the wet nose -- winter is coming rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

Ok Neil, that story could give me nightmares :D

I just looked up Tarut. I'm not so haunted anymore. My imagination was running wild about this place. Very interesting place. Dates back so long ago which I find so interesting.

Your photos make me think and thinking is good. I love that your photos show areas from the past in their present form. Makes me wonder who walked that area long ago, who lived there, worked there, happy times, fearful times, etc. I know....I think to much.

Some day I'd love to visit this place. It has so much history and obviously it has hit a part of me that is unexplainable. I know...its weird headscratch.gif

Your photos have done what they should do -- spark a thought or mood.

Keep posting them as I'm eager to see more thumb.gif