The pic. was shot from my truck...

690314799_HM6Cu-L.jpg

THANKS FOR LOOKING C&C ALWAYS WELCOME

Comments

• Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2009
    Wow...I was surprised to see you over in this neck of the woods Azzaro :D

Nice shot -- I'm always so scared to take photos of people on the street. Think they will get mad at me.
  • Options
    AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    Wow...I was surprised to see you over in this neck of the woods Azzaro :D

Nice shot -- I'm always so scared to take photos of people on the street. Think they will get mad at me.

Hi Mary.....Thanks for the comment.....Im surprised Im here too... I dont street shoot.... :D azzaro
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,928 moderator
    edited October 25, 2009
    Azzaro wrote:
    I dont street shoot.... :D azzaro

Except when you do. thumb.gif

Those are some fairly insane colors you have going there. I wonder if you might build on that some. The wall at the back has a completely surreal look that I love, but not the rest. Add some blur, maybe? Obviously, we're getting completely away from traditional street here, but so what? The fire hydrant bothers me a bit. While the yellow complements the purple tones, I think I would rather either see the whole thing or not see it at all.
  • Options
    michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2009
    Azzaro wrote:
    Hi Mary.....Thanks for the comment.....Im surprised Im here too... I dont street shoot.... :D azzaro

You're becoming a regular here Azzaro. Nice shot. I'm enjoying the simplicity of it. The repetition of the yellow hydrant with the yellow splash on the post is a bonus. I think I would try to draw out any detail of the gentleman himself. Failing that, then possibly push him to silhouette.
  • Options
    edited October 25, 2009
    Thanks everybody for the comments.....I'm not completely clear on the goals of street shooting ...... Kinda thought the idea was, post what you shot, without a lot of pp...... If I were to post on Cool Shots, it would have looked looked this....?????

691906351_HnyPf-L.jpg
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2009
    Drive by shooting ....
    greeat shot......even if it was a drive by shooting:Drolleyes1.gif

1st shot the best...............
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2009
    Azzaro wrote:
    Thanks everybody for the comments.....I'm not completely clear on the goals of street shooting ...... Kinda thought the idea was, post what you shot, without a lot of pp...... If I were to post on Cool Shots, it would have looked looked this....?????

PP isn't a complete sin, just that it stays true to the story you are attempting to tell. Think traditional darkroom stuff. For me, the original is the better version. Even though your crop is the focus of the shot, it loses the context of the man's environment.
  • Options
    edited October 25, 2009
    Art Scott wrote:
    greeat shot......even if it was a drive by shooting:Drolleyes1.gif

1st shot the best...............

Hi Art.....Thanks for the nice comment......I feel safer shooting people I dont know from my truck......at 70 I cant out run um.....rolleyes1.gifazzaro
  • Options
    edited October 25, 2009
    michswiss wrote:
    PP isn't a complete sin, just that it stays true to the story you are attempting to tell. Think traditional darkroom stuff. For me, the original is the better version. Even though your crop is the focus of the shot, it loses the context of the man's environment.

The first shot tells the story ....Thanks for the comment....azzaro
  • Options
    edited October 25, 2009
    You did a good job of cropping out the fire hydrant Azzaro. Much better then I ever could. Actually I doubt I would of attempted it. Ahhhhh....so much to learn.......
  • Options
    edited October 25, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    You did a good job of cropping out the fire hydrant Azzaro. Much better then I ever could. Actually I doubt I would of attempted it. Ahhhhh....so much to learn.......

AND SO LITTLE TIME :D azzaro
  • Options
    edited October 25, 2009
    Azzaro wrote:
    AND SO LITTLE TIME :D azzaro

I know -- I'd love to be 20 again :D