Help with D60

Walker40Walker40 Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
edited October 25, 2009 in Cameras
Hi everyone. I have a D60 which is great but I have a shutter issue. When I push the button sometimes it does engage the shutter until I mess with the lenses whether I just took the same shoot or not. I acts like it freezes up.

Any help would be gladly appreciated.

Mike

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,079 moderator
    edited October 24, 2009
    Walker40 wrote:
    Hi everyone. I have a D60 which is great but I have a shutter issue. When I push the button sometimes it does engage the shutter until I mess with the lenses whether I just took the same shoot or not. I acts like it freezes up.

Any help would be gladly appreciated.

Mike

Mike, welcome to the Digital Grin. clap.gif

It sounds like the contacts, both on the lens and on the camera body, need to be cleaned. Use a new, red, pencil eraser and scrub the contacts gently. Do not let any eraser dust get into the camera.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2009
    Something that happens to me on occasion with my D80 is that it fails to autofocus and seems to be not doing anything.

When this happens check the dot on the very left side of your view finder to see it is solid or flashing. Flashing means it was unable to autofocus so won't shoot.

I correct it by shifting to something else to focus, lock the focus by pressing shutter release half way down and then recompose.

Just something else to try.