Options

Looking for a nice waterfall around lake george... ideas!

jforbesjforbes Registered Users Posts: 49 Big grins
edited October 26, 2009 in Location, Location, Location!
I am in glens falls NY, and doing a bit of sightseeing. The leaves are only somewhat past peak - some areas are very pretty... but I am looking for a nice waterfall to shoot tomorrow. High falls gorge looked fantastic, but it is too much of a drive to do this weekend.

I found a site that claimed that there was a 70 foot tall falls nearby, but the only photo I could get on a barely usable connection did not look good. Has anyone been in the area and can reccomend something within 20 miles or so of Lake George (the town)?

Many thanks in advance. I will post photo(s) later if they are any good!
-Jeff

Comments

• Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2009
    jforbes wrote:
    I am in glens falls NY, and doing a bit of sightseeing. The leaves are only somewhat past peak - some areas are very pretty... but I am looking for a nice waterfall to shoot tomorrow. High falls gorge looked fantastic, but it is too much of a drive to do this weekend.

I found a site that claimed that there was a 70 foot tall falls nearby, but the only photo I could get on a barely usable connection did not look good. Has anyone been in the area and can reccomend something within 20 miles or so of Lake George (the town)?

Many thanks in advance. I will post photo(s) later if they are any good!

Hi Jeff, I'm sorry that I have been in transit for the last couple of days and so I think I missed your trip, but I am still going ot move this thread over to Locations where people know to expect shooting suggestions. I hope that you did get some good shots, and that any information you get from this entices you go make a return trek sometime!