Problems activating Photoshop CS2 with Windows 7

dups41dups41 Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
edited October 28, 2009 in Digital Darkroom
Hi,

Seeing that I am still running windows 2000, I thought it was probably time to upgrade and picked up a copy of windows 7 earlier today. I tried a test installation on a spare partition to check compatibility, and everything installed very painlessly - printers, scanner, calibration puck and printer profiler all installed in minutes and work perfectly.

CS2 (upgrade edition) also seemed to install correctly but when I attempt to activate it, the serial number is reported as being invalid. The same serial number works perfectly under win2k. I have tried deactivating the old installation but still received the same error in win7.

I would be interested to hear whether anyone else runs into problems like this, or if there are any suggestions for getting things working?

Thanks,

Andrew

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,954 moderator
    edited October 25, 2009
    I'm not exactly sure about this, but I seem to recall that to activate an CS2 upgrade edition you need to have the earlier product installed on the machine first. Give that a try and see if it helps.
  • IdahoMotomomIdahoMotomom Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
    edited October 27, 2009
    I had issues installing CS2 on Vista. Once I created a new folder, one without the (x64), it installed fine. Also, if you're having difficulties with the serial number, call Adobe. Even tho they do not support CS2 on Vista or Windows 7, they will deactivate one license so you can relicense on the same machine. They were quite helpful when I called about a month ago.

Hope this helps!
  • Photog4ChristPhotog4Christ Registered Users Posts: 716 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2009
    dups41 wrote:

CS2 (upgrade edition) also seemed to install correctly but when I attempt to activate it, the serial number is reported as being invalid. ...

Since it's an upgrade, you need the older software's registration number.

I have CS4 upgrade (from CS2) and I need both the CS4 and the CS2 serial numbers in order to activate the software.