690126992_r2ksi-XL.jpg

How could I improve?

Thanks and blessings
Jerry Nelson
www.meesoon.smugmug.com

Comments

• wendellwendell Registered Users Posts: 308 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2009
    I think this is a very nice scene with good composition but it lacks any pop.
    Maybe I would add a little more exposure to bring out a little more detail in the trees at the left and the road. Then do a curves adjustment to add some contrast and pull out a little color,being careful to not blow the highlights.
    You will get better advice from others here but this may get you to thinking.
    Great shot.
    wl
  • craig_dcraig_d Registered Users Posts: 911 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2009
    I think it should have been framed a bit more to the right. The energy of the image starts with the burst of light in the middle and moves to the right, throwing the picture off balance. Moving the burst of light to the left would have fixed this.

I agree with Wendell that the picture lacks "pop"; I think stronger contrast and perhaps a bit more saturation is needed to bring out the brilliance of the light.
    http://craigd.smugmug.com

Got bored with digital and went back to film.
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2009
    maybe a warmer WB? thats what I would change...
    Aaron Nelson
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2009
    Hi Jerry, this shot has great potential because you have the great (important) elements of light and composition already. thumb.gif

How about b/w? I think the comp is actually strong enough to warrant giving that a try. It might bring out the beams of light even more.