Little Angel

RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
edited October 27, 2009 in People
This is a shot of my baby girl as she was laying in daddy's chair. C&C welcome.

691994679_49ts2-XL.jpg
Randy Brogen, CPP
www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP

Comments

• adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2009
    Lipstick already??? Dude, you are in so much trouble....
    Seems red, did you push it that way intentionally?
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2009
    Thanks for replying Andrew. The reds have not been touched at all. Actually even put a cooling layer on because of the low light appearing very yellow. Her lips are actually very red in reality.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

• adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2009
    Beautiful shot.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • cr8ingwavescr8ingwaves Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2009
    with those big brown eyes and those perfect lips.....she is going to break a lot of hearts.

nice shot.
    edited October 25, 2009
    with those big brown eyes and those perfect lips.....she is going to break a lot of hearts.

nice shot.

Thanks for the kind words cr8ingwaves.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

• kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2009
    CUTE little pumpkin you have there!!! Great catch lights on her eyes too :D I thought the same thing as Andrew on the lipstick....I'd say if you uppped the lips then I'd tone it down...but if that is her, then it is just GORGEOUS! Just one thing that pops up on my monitor is a strange pink tint (hot pink) on the entire shadowing of her shoulder, trunk and face (and on the left eye and bleeds into it). I can't figure out what would make it hot pink? Nice capture thumb.gif
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2009
    I like the shot, baby/expression/crop-wise, but I'm not too crazy about the darkness and color, tbh. It looks more like a painting as opposed to a photo to me, if that makes sense? ne_nau.gif
    edited October 26, 2009
    thanks for the feedback ivar, kidzmom et al. I'll post the original because I'm not sure what the source is either....the lips are all her but it does have a lipstick feel to it after looking back at it. It was not an intentional PP and I've not done any adjustments to reds at all. I'll take another shot at it and see.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

• kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2009
    I was thinking the same thing too Ivar. This could make an awesome canvas print! I recently had a shot that I loved---the expression, pose etc...but it was not technically the best (eyes were OOF). It printed BEAUTIFULLY on canvas and looks like a timeless painting now. I bet with these colors this would make magnificant canvas print. It has a real art feel to it--timeless and beautiful.
    ivar wrote:
    I like the shot, baby/expression/crop-wise, but I'm not too crazy about the darkness and color, tbh. It looks more like a painting as opposed to a photo to me, if that makes sense? ne_nau.gif
    edited October 27, 2009
    kidzmom wrote:
    I was thinking the same thing too Ivar. This could make an awesome canvas print! I recently had a shot that I loved---the expression, pose etc...but it was not technically the best (eyes were OOF). It printed BEAUTIFULLY on canvas and looks like a timeless painting now. I bet with these colors this would make magnificant canvas print. It has a real art feel to it--timeless and beautiful.

Thanks Kidzmom. I thought it had an oil paiting feel to it as well. I am still trying to figure out the color thing. The original is way underexposed (taken in our living room with minimal lighting) and I'm thinking that bringing up the fill light and exposure has introducted some noise in the red channel causing her lips and overall exposure to have an orange feel. That's my hypothesis right now anyway.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

• divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2009
    RBrogen wrote:
    Thanks Kidzmom. I thought it had an oil paiting feel to it as well. I am still trying to figure out the color thing. The original is way underexposed (taken in our living room with minimal lighting) and I'm thinking that bringing up the fill light and exposure has introducted some noise in the red channel causing her lips and overall exposure to have an orange feel. That's my hypothesis right now anyway.

can you use the red/magenta sliders in HSL in LR and pull those colours down? I've sometimes found that helps when I have to lift an underexposed shot. Sometimes taking vibrance down seems to helptoo - not enough to go for a desat, but just enough to take the edge of the "rogue" colour.

She's a little sweetheart!
    edited October 27, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    can you use the red/magenta sliders in HSL in LR and pull those colours down? I've sometimes found that helps when I have to lift an underexposed shot. Sometimes taking vibrance down seems to helptoo - not enough to go for a desat, but just enough to take the edge of the "rogue" colour.

She's a little sweetheart!

Thanks for the kind words divamum. I just picked up lightroom2 a few days ago and just finished the import of the ~60,000 images I have. I've tried the HSL adjustments in RAW but will try it from within lightroom to see if I can get a different result.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

• divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2009
    RBrogen wrote:
    Thanks for the kind words divamum. I just picked up lightroom2 a few days ago and just finished the import of the ~60,000 images I have. I've tried the HSL adjustments in RAW but will try it from within lightroom to see if I can get a different result.

LR splits the colours a little differently and gives you more "fine tuning" control - I think you'll find you can tweak it down so it isn't quite so lipstick-y thumb.gif
    edited October 27, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    LR splits the colours a little differently and gives you more "fine tuning" control - I think you'll find you can tweak it down so it isn't quite so lipstick-y thumb.gif

Thanks...looking forward to get'n home tonight and checking it out :)
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com