Alley Door

rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
edited October 25, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Randy

Comments

• wendellwendell Registered Users Posts: 308 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2009
    Lots of stuff to enjoy here Randy. Old weathered wood, brick and remnants of a colorful paint. I like the way you chose to frame the scene, the arch over the door adds intricate interest. Beautiful colors, texture and light. Nice PP, as usual good job with such a simple subject.
    wl
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2009
    Man I love your colors Randy. clap.gifclap They were the inspiration for my "Extreme Rust" series, more of which are in the works.

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2009
    wendell wrote:
    Lots of stuff to enjoy here Randy. Old weathered wood, brick and remnants of a colorful paint. I like the way you chose to frame the scene, the arch over the door adds intricate interest. Beautiful colors, texture and light. Nice PP, as usual good job with such a simple subject.
    wl

Thank you for the nice breakdown and kind words Wendell.

As you probably already know, this kind of stuff draws me to it like a moth to the flame...
    Randy
    edited October 25, 2009
    Jack'll do wrote:
    Man I love your colors Randy. clap.gifclap They were the inspiration for my "Extreme Rust" series, more of which are in the works.

Thanks Jack,

And I'm honored that I may have done something to inspire more of your great work thumb.gif I can't wait...
    Randy
  • Dancer72Dancer72 Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited October 25, 2009
    This one looks like the mate to your "Eyes of a Building" window...love the colors in the brick and the old look & feel to the door.

Thanks for sharing!
    Caroline Brogen

Member: PPA, PPAM
    Gallery: http://photos.brogen.com/Public-Gallery/Carolines-Gallery
    edited October 25, 2009
    Dancer72 wrote:
    This one looks like the mate to your "Eyes of a Building" window...love the colors in the brick and the old look & feel to the door.

Thanks for sharing!

Tom made that same comment in that thread. I'll also give you a Gold Star for the connection, they were only a few feet apart thumb.gif

Thanks for the comments.
    Randy
  • RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2009
    I like this one Randy.....really makes you sit and wonder who were the people that came and went through that door.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP
    edited October 25, 2009
    RBrogen wrote:
    I like this one Randy.....really makes you sit and wonder who were the people that came and went through that door.

Yeah, that's my fascination with doors too Randy. Thanks for the nice comment.
    Randy