Options

CS3 Problem/Help Needed Badly

PixNWPixNW Registered Users Posts: 141 Major grins
edited October 26, 2009 in Finishing School
This is really odd. I have been using Lightroom 1.4 and CS3 for a couple of years. I have been working on some sports posters, which I do quite a few of. All of a sudden this evening when I crop an image in CS3 to a size, say 5x7, and then go to drag it onto a larger object like a colored background, even though the rulers show the image is the correct size, it ends up being huge, much larger than the larger background I'm trying to put it on to.

I am really, really frustrated. I checked for updates and installed everything, I then restarted. Same problem. I decided to completely uninstall CS3 and reinstall it from the original disc. That took a while, but worked. Still the same problem. I can't for the life of me figure out what has gone wrong. Any help would be very much appreciated. Any yes, I've made sure I'm cropping in inches and that the larger object is also sized in inches. For example, I tried to take a 8x12 inch image and put it onto a 13x19inch background and the photo image was much, much larger than the backgroun.
Canon 1D Mark IIN
Canon 350D
24-70 2.8L
70-200 2.8L IS
580EX II
1.4x Extender
Gitzo 3531 w/ RRS BH-55 Ballhead
RRS L-Plate, quick release clamp and plates

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,931 moderator
    edited October 26, 2009
    Have you checked to see that the background is the same resolution as the image? I suspect that if you set the document info to pixels, the solution may become clear. ne_nau.gif