Options

#36 Is he creepy?

MrsRMrsR Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited October 26, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Hi,

Long-time lurker, first-time at posting a photo. Looking for feedback on a potential entry for #36. What do you think?

Thanks! :D

4048490898_679fb2ebab_b.jpg

Comments

• Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2009
    WELCOME to the challenges long-time lurker clap.gif .

This face is definately creepy. I like the shadows on the left side of the face, but the right is a little blown out--Can you reshoot? If you can reshoot work with cropping and lighting--

It definately has potential--the eyes are very sinister looking.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2009
    Welcome MrsR. I think the statue/mask/or whatever is pretty creepy. I also like the severe angle lighting but think it's a little too hot. Not sure if this is intentional or not but it may add to the creepiness to have the whole face in focus. The teeth seem a little soft.

All in all I think it's a great idea and he's a pretty creepy guy.
  • Options
    MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2009
    Definitely creepy. Try White-balancing the skin -- looks like it has gotten a bit of a purplish cast.

Oh, and welcome to dgrin! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
  • Options
    MrsRMrsR Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited October 26, 2009
    Thanks, all. I really appreciate your feedback.:D

Not sure about a reshoot, as I may not be able to get to the mask by the time the challenge is over. I may play with it more.

I do have another idea for a photo, though. I guess it just depends on my time this week and whether I can get my hand on a trifle dish.
  • Options
    JC3dJC3d Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
    edited October 26, 2009
    He's a clown - All clowns are creepy! But Cool creepy. I have been thinking about the subject of clowns but haven't had oportunity. It yours now!