• wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2009
    Well, I thought it was hilarious.

-The Scavenger
    777-zabriski-j3462.jpg
    Anybody can do it.
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited October 27, 2009
    So you've been to Death Valley recently? The "scavenger" is cool! clap.gif Got any more? mwink.gif

Cheers,
    -joel
    edited October 27, 2009
    kdog wrote:
    So you've been to Death Valley recently? The "scavenger" is cool! clap.gif Got any more? mwink.gif

Cheers,
    -joel

Last Feb, but these were even before that. I'm just getting to the point with my post processing that I feel I can do these right. I'll add more when these sink into the abyss again. :)

-
    Anybody can do it.
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2009
    Is the first photo what this famous location actually looks like? eek7.gif If so, that's not really how I imagined it!
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2009
    wfeller wrote:
    Well, I thought it was hilarious.

It is! I remember that same scene walking back from Zabriskie, just a row of photographers all in the same spot, when a 10 minute trail walk on the other side of the parking lot gets you a lot more compositional possibilities without people in your way.
    edited October 28, 2009
    schmoo wrote:
    Is the first photo what this famous location actually looks like? eek7.gif If so, that's not really how I imagined it!

I know what you mean. It took a second to get used to the idea that, that was what it was. I'm not sure why, it was the only thing up there.

-
    Anybody can do it.
    edited October 28, 2009
    coscorrosa wrote:
    It is! I remember that same scene walking back from Zabriskie, just a row of photographers all in the same spot, when a 10 minute trail walk on the other side of the parking lot gets you a lot more compositional possibilities without people in your way.

For my personal tastes, there are a lot of places like that, and I enjoy cutting away from the herd.

I can't say that I don't care to pulloff a decent 'iconic' though.

777-zabriski-j3456.jpg
    For all the shots I've seen of this formation, Edward Weston's is the one I most associate with it.

-
    Anybody can do it.