Options

Fall-E-Session

BsimonBsimon Registered Users Posts: 252 Major grins
edited October 27, 2009 in Weddings
Hey Everyone,

I have been working very hard trying to get more experience and a good friend of mine gave me the opportunity to photograph himself and his bride to be.

First, let me say I am sorry for not posting these pictures directly but I would like more of a general CC for the entire group.

Here is a link to the Gallery. Again, this was my first time doing this. If you have any critiques that may seem redundant, please let me know as I am trying to learn everything I can.

http://www.bsimonstudio.com/Events/Jared-And-Becky-Engaged/10105249_TGrLe#693956517_z39uB

Comments

• Options
    lisarhinehartlisarhinehart Registered Users Posts: 279 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2009
    nice
    Nice set and variety, especially considering it's your first! I'm a newbie, too, :).

I think your exposures are good and the couple looks like they are having a great time. I also think you captured interesting moments and expressions-- love the expressions in #4. You might want to give a few of your black and white shots like #2 more contrast/pop-- similar to your #6, or try to focus on the diamond rather than the band for your ring shot.

All in all, I like this set, and think you are off to a great start.

-- Lisa
    Lisa
    My Website
  • Options
    BsimonBsimon Registered Users Posts: 252 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2009
    Thank you Lisa!

I agree with you on the contrast issue.

Some things I learned right off the batt as soon as we finished: In no particular order of course.

1. Even if you ask them to wear non reflective lenses, that does not mean they wont wear transitions lenses! (I about fainted when I saw this!)

2. I need to be more of a 'sniper' style shooter instead of a machine gunner. In an effort to catch everything, I shot 633 pictures in an hour and a half. Only keeping 34. I attribute the low 'keeper' count to not letting the couple get settled in their pose before I began clicking away. This led to weird faces and closed eyes.

3. Look at every detail in the frame while you are shooting, even if you are nervous. I came home to find a lot of really nice pictures where the bride had pulled her hand inside her sweater and let the sleeve hang freely. It was my job to tell her about this, though I did not realize till it was over.

4. 99% of people should stay away from horizontal stripes.