Ch #43 candidates?

Jerry CurtisJerry Curtis Registered Users Posts: 170 Major grins
edited July 13, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
I shot these two while taking a walk this evening just at sunset. I first thought the one with the meadow and fence would be my fave because of the incongruity of it. After all, how many schools are located next to a pastureland like this? Then I turned my cam back toward the school and I'm now thinking this is the better composition.

I would like honest assessments of these shots - both from their compositional and technical aspects, and their suitability for the new challenge 43. Which - if either - would you enter?

46083125.jpg

46083124.jpg

Thanks for your help...
-Jerry

Whether you think that you can or that you can't, you are usually right.
- Henry Ford

www.pbase.com/icicle50

Comments

• purifiedpurified Registered Users Posts: 173 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2005
    The slide is an excellent idea, but you need a more creative angle with less clutter in the background. Perhaps you could reshoot with a more upward angle so that sky is your background (it would be best not to have clouds or very few). That would give the photograph a more abstract feel and would focus more on the curves of the slide.

Play with your angles. Get in there and try every idea you can. Even get on the slide if you feel you need to. :)

Maybe I'm being too specific, hehe. All the same, I'd love to see something along those lines with that idea.
    Purified Photography
    Updated June 5 2007

-Kelly
  • lpswimmer003lpswimmer003 Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited July 11, 2005
    Cool idea. Maybe if you get on top of the slide and look down on it?
    Aly

Some people are like slinkies... not really good for anything, but it's still fun to watch them tumble down the stairs.:rofl
  • Jerry CurtisJerry Curtis Registered Users Posts: 170 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2005
    Thanks, Kelly...
    purified wrote:
    The slide is an excellent idea, but you need a more creative angle with less clutter in the background. Perhaps you could reshoot with a more upward angle so that sky is your background (it would be best not to have clouds or very few). That would give the photograph a more abstract feel and would focus more on the curves of the slide.

Play with your angles. Get in there and try every idea you can. Even get on the slide if you feel you need to. :)

Maybe I'm being too specific, hehe. All the same, I'd love to see something along those lines with that idea.
    All great suggestions. You are very imaginative. I will see what I can do.

Thanks again.

BTW, your galleries are awesome! You have a natural telent for image design for sure.
    -Jerry

- Henry Ford

www.pbase.com/icicle50
    edited July 12, 2005
    Thanks, Aly...
    Cool idea. Maybe if you get on top of the slide and look down on it?
    That's an idea, for sure!
    -Jerry

- Henry Ford

www.pbase.com/icicle50
  • photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2005
    I would choose the first one of those, the second is rather boring. I love the suggestions you got to work on the picture, it has potential. You have found a good subject, all you need now is some weird angles and positions so you can surprise us with a fab shot of a slide...
    Make that red slide POP off the page
    edited July 13, 2005
    Thanks, Photocat...
    photocat wrote:
    I would choose the first one of those, the second is rather boring. I love the suggestions you got to work on the picture, it has potential. You have found a good subject, all you need now is some weird angles and positions so you can surprise us with a fab shot of a slide...
    Make that red slide POP off the page
    I intend to do just that. This slide is only a couple of miles from my home, so I expect to get a chance to get back to it before long and do some gymnastics with my cam :D
    -Jerry

- Henry Ford

www.pbase.com/icicle50