Year in the Life of Kittens - New Pics

redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
edited October 30, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
It's been a while since I posted any "weekly" shots of my kittens' first year. Here they are at 7 months. Enjoy!

1. Wicket - she has a very asian cat look now, with a narrow face and long body - some Siamese maybe?
694620577_bAK7C-M.jpg

2. Abbey - she loves to play and usually entertains herself - here she is in a quiet moment
694620063_L3i4d-M.jpg
"But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
www.redleashphoto.com

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2009
    Hi Lauren,

Great looking kids. You can almost bet that any cat with an Asian look has some Siamese somewhere in their bloodline. Abbey certainly has unique coloring. I bet you just love them both something fierce.

Take care,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2009
    Beautiful kitties Lauren, sure growing up quickly. We have a black male who's now about six years old. His coat is like sable and he's extremely affectionate.

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2009
    Cute kitties. Love the coat on the grey one!
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2009
    Thanks, all. Yes, I have grown quite fond of them, although I sometimes think we should call "Wicket" by the name "Wicked" instead--she is the fastest creature I have ever seen in person, just flying down the stairs in the AM and leaping from chair to sofa to table and back around again. She even jumps from the second story balcony onto the steps in the foyer! Later, she slows down and actually curls up in my lap to snooze.

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited October 28, 2009
    redleash wrote:
    Thanks, all. Yes, I have grown quite fond of them, although I sometimes think we should call "Wicket" by the name "Wicked" instead--she is the fastest creature I have ever seen in person, just flying down the stairs in the AM and leaping from chair to sofa to table and back around again. She even jumps from the second story balcony onto the steps in the foyer! Later, she slows down and actually curls up in my lap to snooze.

Sounds like my cat. Well, hang on to that first picture...some day you'll look at it again and feel nostalgic for the days when the chair looked like that. lol3.gif
    edited October 29, 2009
    No worries about the chair. Much as I hated to do it, I had the kitties declawed. They were going to be fully indoor cats and we'd had too many problems with the other cats--maybe I'll post some other chair photos sometime. rolleyes1.gif The real deciding factor though, is that I'm allergic to cats and when they scratch me I have to run for the Benadryl. I consulted with my veterinarian brother, who told me he thought that was a pretty good reason to get them de-clawed. thumb.gif

Of course, it would be smarter not to have cats at all, but I took allergy shots for years and I do fine with them until they scratch me . . . or shake some hair into my eyes . . . Besides, when my husband and I married he already had 2 cats and I couldn't very well say "they have to go."

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2009
    Hi Lauren........ There grown up......or close..... Good lookin kitties...thumb.gif
    edited October 30, 2009
    Hey Azzaro! Thanks for the look and the comment. They are 7 months and trying to act like grown-up cats . . . for a few seconds anyway, and then they're off again doing their kitten things. The best part is that our elder male cate (+14 years) seems to have recovered about 90% from the shock of the pit bull attack and he interacts quite a bit with the kittens. I've even seem him playing with their cat toys recently, and I can't remember the last time he did that!

Thanks for stopping by.

Lauren

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com