#36 New Squirmy Options - Warning: Worms

FoxieFoxie Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
edited October 31, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Thanks loads for your suggestions on the first images, Liz. I found more worms!!

See which of the new pics you like. Squirmicelli C is the one I posted earlier.

Squirmicelli with Dirt Sauce A
694786125_UZYw6-L.jpg

Squirmicelli with Dirt Sauce B
694786707_WE5wM-L.jpg

Squirmicelli with Dirt Sauce C
694786409_v55o8-L.jpg

Comments

• Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2009
    Ahem…

"Worms worms worms worms
    I eats some every day…
    I bites the 'eds off, sucks the juice out…
    …an' throws the skins away!"

Yum!

thumb.gif

- Wil

PS: Welcome to Digital Grin Photography Forum
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
  • JoieJoie Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
    edited October 27, 2009
    :puke
    I like where your going with this for the creepiness and gross factor. My only nit is that the plate and other objects feel like they are floating or disconnected. I wonder if you were to use a very plain placemat to help "ground" everything would help?headscratch.gif
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2009
    Hi Beth,
    Glad you got yourself some new worms---

I like the composition of #1 best--the bowl is not quite as centered which is good. I would have moved it even further off to the side and bottom--trying to follow the rule of thirds.

Also in 2 and 3 , the candle at the top is cut off, it's a nit and I don't know if it would bug the Judges.

1 I think is the best--I do like the fork and the worms spaghetti style:) can you work with these PP and bring down the bright light of the candle?
    Liz A.
    _________
  • AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2009
    JAG wrote:
    I like where your going with this for the creepiness and gross factor. My only nit is that the plate and other objects feel like they are floating or disconnected. I wonder if you were to use a very plain placemat to help "ground" everything would help?headscratch.gif

15524779-Ti.gif. Interesting & creepy idea, but the plate etc do look as if they are floating (and not i a good way imho).
    Peter

www.andmanphotography.com

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams
  • FoxieFoxie Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited October 28, 2009
    OMG, a barficon! I love it!!

Beth
    Joie wrote:
    :puke
    edited October 28, 2009
    Love it!

Beth
    Wil Davis wrote:
    Ahem…

"Worms worms worms worms
    I eats some every day…
    I bites the 'eds off, sucks the juice out…
    …an' throws the skins away!"

Yum!

thumb.gif

- Wil

PS: Welcome to Digital Grin Photography Forum
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2009
    JAG wrote:

15524779-Ti.gif
  • WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2009
    Of the 3, I like the layout in #2 best. Taken by itself, I like the bottle candle in #1, but I think it distracts a bit from the main subject.
  • HaliteHalite Registered Users Posts: 467 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2009
    I really like the addition of the fork. It does a nice job developing the story further. The tall bottle with candle contributes to the composition by providing a vertical framing element on the left, but unfortunately tends to yank the eye to the upper left corner of the image with how much brighter the candle is than the rest of the image. I agree that the plate and tableware appear to be floating in space with the extreme blackness. The viewer needs some sort of horizon line/table edge or contrast between the table surface and the background to not get caught up in puzzling the physics of this arrangement.
  • BenjerBenjer Registered Users Posts: 275 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2009
    Truly creepy idea!

I agree with others that the composition of #1 is better with the tall bottle candle but the bright spot distracts too much given the very dark surroundings.

I wonder if you used a light background instead of black, how it would look? I'm imagining something light like a fancy white tablecloth, french restaurant a-la Martha Stewart, juxtaposed with the worms squirming around in the dirt on the plate. Let the entree be the dark, creepy thing in the picture...???

Just a thought :)

Benjer
    Nikon D300, 17-35, 24-70, 70-200, 105 Macro, Tokina 11-16, Lensbaby, iPhone!
    edited October 31, 2009
    Thanks. Check out the new "Squirmicelli"
    AndMan wrote:
    15524779-Ti.gif. Interesting & creepy idea, but the plate etc do look as if they are floating (and not i a good way imho).
    edited October 31, 2009
    Thanks for your input about the "floating." Check out the new "Squirmicelli." I entered it in the contest.
    richtersl wrote:
    15524779-Ti.gif