Options

NPS Membership Requirements for the USA

Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
edited November 21, 2009 in Mind Your Own Business
Does any one have a link to the equipment list for u.s.a. membership into NPS??

Can find all kinds of lists for UK and Europe but nothing for the u.s.:dunno:dunno
"Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2009
  • Options
    NjordanNjordan Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited October 27, 2009
    Art Scott wrote:
    Does any one have a link to the equipment list for u.s.a. membership into NPS??

Can find all kinds of lists for UK and Europe but nothing for the u.s.ne_nau.gifdunno

This may be what you are looking for...

Click Here
  • Options
    NjordanNjordan Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited October 27, 2009
    Andy wrote:

beat me to it... barely :D
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,913 moderator
    edited October 27, 2009
    Njordan wrote:
    beat me to it... barely :D

It was a whole minute. That's like two 30s spots or 4 15's lol3.gif
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    edited October 27, 2009
    Andy,NJordan and Ian408 THANX......that is just a general about NPS page or I am missing the list link.....what I am looking for is like this
    UK NPS PAGE......HOWEVER a lot of the requirements are different for u.s.a. Nikon PRO's such as the D200 was allowed to be used as a pro cam requirement in the UK and Europe....and at least one Paris Fr. Pro was able to use a D50 {it has been stricken off their list now}.......but not in the u.s.a. ..........
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited October 27, 2009
    It doesn't say for sure what you need to have body wise but they need to be professional :D

Nikon Professional Services is available only to bona-fide, FULL-TIME professional photographers. There are absolutely no costs involved in joining NPS, only important benefits designed to help you.

To become a member:

* Write a letter of introduction to Nikon Professional Services (see address below) on your letterhead (or your company's stationery).
    * Tell us about your photography and request an invitation to join.
    * You will need to meet the qualifying requirements below after you receive your application.

To qualify:

* NPS Sponsor (existing member to verify that you are a full-time photographer)
    * Current Tear Sheets (published within the last 12 months)
    * Ownership of a minimum of 2 Nikon Professional Bodies and 3 Nikkor or DX Nikkor lenses

Mail your NPS letter of introduction to:

Nikon Professional Services
    1300 Walt Whitman Road
    Melville, New York 11747-3064

Each application will be processed on an individual basis. Then, after this information has been verified and approved, you'll receive your NPS membership card with all its privileges, as well as details on how to use the Priority Repair Service.
  • Options
    edited October 27, 2009
    NEED TO BE PROFESSIONAL - bodies
    yes I had read that page forwards, backwards,,,,,,,sideways.......angularly even inside and out and I ran my cursor over every cm of it 3 days ago:D:D:D
    and I did internet searches and found other forums with discussions taht stated differences betwixt the u.s. requirements and the european requirements as stated above....I have alist from the Paris photog on another forum......but no where can I find a u.s. requirement list.....so hence the reason I made this thread...hoping someone on here may have the list to share.......but I guess if I can't get one off Nikon CAfe then there is probably less hope for finding it here....ne_nau.gifdunno

• Options
    edited October 28, 2009
    It almost sounds as if you came up with a sponsor, a letter and some tear sheets (and a good list of Nikon gear) and you're in.
  • Options
    edited November 3, 2009
    Got An Answer From Nikon
    Well I guess there is not an actual published list.....but I went to NIKON support and asked the question....and here is their answer.............................................
    NIKON USA wrote:
    HI

For NPS membership we consider the following:

D100, D200, D300-series, D700
    D1 - series
    D2 - series
    D3 - series

I hope this helps.

-David

Now waiting on answer about lenses...............

• Options
    termina3termina3 Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2009
    It just says Nikkor… even the kit D40 lens would qualify. I suppose the point is that you don't have third-party equipment.
    Please don't mistake my blunt, pointed posts as my being "angry," "short," or "rude."

I'm generally happy, tall, and fuzzy on the inside.www.NickensPhotography.com
  • Options
    edited November 8, 2009
    termina3 wrote:
    It just says Nikkor… even the kit D40 lens would qualify. I suppose the point is that you don't have third-party equipment.
    That is why I went to Nikon to actually ask....and the support guy said he had turned it over to the NPS team.....that was on the 3rd of Nov..............so I will bump my support ticket on the 13th.....10 days should be enuff time for any group to copy and paste a page from their "rules" so that it can be official.......and it maybe that they are not wanting that tidbit to be made public for what ever reason>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• Options
    edited November 19, 2009
    LENS LIST for NPS MEMBERSHIP
    So I received an email from NPS today detailing the lenses acceptable for membership.....email is below:
    NPS email wrote:

Mr. Scott

The equipment requirement is for 2 pro bodies and 3 Pro Nikkor or DX-Nikkor lens.

That list of lenses would include
    14mm 2.8
    17-35mm 2.8
    14-24mm 2.8
    24-70mm 2.8 (and older 28-70mm 2.8)
    70-200mm 2.8 (and older 80-200mm 2.8)

All of the longer fast glass such as 300mm 2.8, 400mm 2.8, 500mm 4.0, 600mm 4.0 (any versions)

On the DX side:
    17-55mm 2.8
    10-24mm & 12-24mm
    35mm 1.8
    18-200mm f3.5-5.6

Most of the Nikkor lens line and DX-Nikkor lens line applies with the exception of any of the "kit" lenses that come with lower end consumer cameras like the D3000, D40 D50 ect. These lenses do not have a metal lens mount which is the easiest way to tell.

The point of the equipment requirement is to ensure that you have the "tools" of your trade and the quality to take the constant use that a professional will put that equipment through.

Lenses will vary according to what type of photography you do. Each case is considered separately.

NPS

• Options
    fredjclausfredjclaus Registered Users Posts: 759 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2009
    I don't see anything about lenses, sorry Art. I'd hazard to guess that anything with 2.8 or better would qualify you though. There are not too many consumer grade lenses with a 2.8 F-stop.
    Fred J Claus
    Commercial Photographer
    http://www.FredJClaus.com
    http://www.Fredjclaus.com/originals

Save on your own SmugMug account. Just enter Coupon code i2J0HIOcEElwI at checkout
  • Options
    edited November 21, 2009
    fredjclaus wrote:
    I don't see anything about lenses, sorry Art. I'd hazard to guess that anything with 2.8 or better would qualify you though. There are not too many consumer grade lenses with a 2.8 F-stop.

Fred.....my previous post was an email from NPS and the lens list.:D rolleyes1.gif