Options

Style button missing from keywords results page when logged in?

PBolchoverPBolchover Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
edited October 29, 2009 in Bug Reporting
Unless I'm very much mistaken, the "Style" button has vanished from the keywords results page when the user is logged in. (It looks OK when logged out...)

For example, I cannot see it on http://pbolchover.smugmug.com/keyword/yellowstone08best (viewing it in Smugmug style)

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2009
    Checking on it.
  • Options
    edited October 28, 2009
    Interestingly, they're there using IE8 (on Vista), but not using Chrome. (I don't have Firefox on this machine to check that.)
  • Options
    edited October 28, 2009
    I've since decided that it must be some of my customisation interfering with the buttons - I can view the buttons fine in other keyword search results in Chrome (in the link I gave you, I've added a hack to include a description)
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2009
    PBolchover wrote:
    I've since decided that it must be some of my customisation interfering with the buttons - I can view the buttons fine in other keyword search results in Chrome (in the link I gave you, I've added a hack to include a description)
    Look at these lines of your changeKeywordPage script. You are clearing everything out of the altViews div and that's where the style button lives.
    var objElement1 = document.getElementById("altViews");
             if (objElement1 !== null) {
                objElement1.innerHTML = "";
             }

Incidentally, the style button didn't use to live in that div, but when the button was modernized to be a YUI button, it was moved to that div about 3 months ago.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited October 29, 2009
    Thanks for the input John. I was trying to figure out what was happening. The button does appear for .10 of second and then disappears. So it does make sense that its a customization thing.

If Johns customization fix does not help, let us know.
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com