Options

Northern VA / DC Holiday Photos

nicoleshillidaynicoleshilliday Registered Users Posts: 549 Major grins
edited November 24, 2009 in Location, Location, Location!
Looking for a festive location in DC or Northern VA for Holiday Photos. Client doesn't want to pay the extra money for the park permit, so monuments are out. Any ideas??

Calling Colvin Run to see if they decorate for the holidays, but I am thinking they don't.

Thanks!
Nicole
D3, and other Nikon goodies
Shilliday Photography
Blog
Facebook

Comments

• Options
    pwppwp Registered Users Posts: 230 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2009
    Have you thought of any of the old mansions in Leesburg? It's a little further out, but I am pretty sure they decorate for the holidays. :D You might need to get permission ahead of time, but I don't think they charge you for a permit at least!
    ~Ang~
    My Site
    Proud Photog for The Littlest Heroes Project and Operation: LoveReunited
    Lovin' my Canon 5D Mark II!
  • Options
    LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2009
    King Street in Old Town Alexandria is always pretty during the holidays with all the trees lining the road covered in Christmas lights.
  • Options
    PhotoDavid78PhotoDavid78 Registered Users Posts: 939 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2009
    The Willard Hotel has a nice setup inside.
    David Weiss | Canon 5D Mark III | FujiFilm XT-4 | iPhone
    My Website
    Facebook | Twitter | | VSCOgrid | Instagram |
  • Options
    SurreallifeSurreallife Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited November 12, 2009
    Old Town Alexandria, Historic Fredericksburg, National Harbor (The Awakening is there).
  • Options
    TnPhotoManTnPhotoMan Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited November 16, 2009
    Looking for a festive location in DC or Northern VA for Holiday Photos. Client doesn't want to pay the extra money for the park permit, so monuments are out. Any ideas??

Calling Colvin Run to see if they decorate for the holidays, but I am thinking they don't.

Thanks!
    You might try some of the older stone or brick churches. The doorways, stained windows or even walkways provide opportunity. Or a if a country scene is OK, something in the Shenandoah Valley might work if that isn't too far. We drove from Bristol to DC about 3 weeks ago and we saw some lovely country church scenes from the road. Finding one decorated for Christmas might take time. In town, perhaps an outdoor mall?? Any there with fountains, bridges, riverside walks?
  • Options
    pwppwp Registered Users Posts: 230 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2009
    Old Town Alexandria, Historic Fredericksburg, National Harbor (The Awakening is there).

F'burg is quite torn up with construction and "rehabing" old buildings there at the moment. Not the formerly classic colonial town it used to be. :( I miss that.
    ~Ang~
    My Site
    Proud Photog for The Littlest Heroes Project and Operation: LoveReunited
    Lovin' my Canon 5D Mark II!