Options

Which Feisol--standard or tournament?

HeatherWBHeatherWB Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
edited October 29, 2009 in Accessories
For the last several months, I've been on the hunt for a lighter CF tripod to replace my too-heavy Bogen Manfrotto 190XPROB. After much research and considering my budget, I'm leaning heavily towards Feisol, as they seem to have just what I want in a tripod--lightweight (under 3 lbs), folds to less than 20in, sturdy, no center column needed, and pricing that's 1/3 to 1/2 of equivalent Gitzo tripods. Obviously, they are not Gitzos, but since I'm not a pro and I'm not made of money, they should do the job for me. :):

Here are the 2 models that I'm looking at:
3401 (standard class) @$219
&
3442 (tournament class) @ $319

The burning question for me is whether or not the 3442 is worth spending $90 more than the 3401.

FYI, I probably won't be buying until around Christmas or a little bit after, so I'm in no real rush, but I'm just wondering...

Thanks!
Heather :):
My blog: Heather's Lightbox
My pics
"He who cannot dance will say: "The drum is bad!" --African proverb.

Comments

• Options
    flygirlflygirl Registered Users Posts: 177 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2009
    HeatherWB wrote:
    For the last several months, I've been on the hunt for a lighter CF tripod to replace my too-heavy Bogen Manfrotto 190XPROB. After much research and considering my budget, I'm leaning heavily towards Feisol, as they seem to have just what I want in a tripod--lightweight (under 3 lbs), folds to less than 20in, sturdy, no center column needed, and pricing that's 1/3 to 1/2 of equivalent Gitzo tripods. Obviously, they are not Gitzos, but since I'm not a pro and I'm not made of money, they should do the job for me. :):

Here are the 2 models that I'm looking at:
    3401 (standard class) @$219
    &
    3442 (tournament class) @ $319

The burning question for me is whether or not the 3442 is worth spending $90 more than the 3401.

FYI, I probably won't be buying until around Christmas or a little bit after, so I'm in no real rush, but I'm just wondering...

Thanks!
    Heather :):

Heather I have the Feisol CT 3371 for my D300 and Nikon 500 f/4 setup and just love it. It does not exactly answer your question, but thought I would put in a good word for Feisol in general.

Cheers
    Nancy
    All the best:thumb
    Nancy
    www.naturesportal.net
    www.naturesportal.blogspot.com
    Home of The Quick Action Harness
    www.quickactionharness.com