The Woman

DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
edited October 29, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
I don't know if it even works to take a photo of a photo, but this photo appealed to me because the woman in the photo had turned white for some reason. Does it work?

696111102_fkjPJ-L.jpg

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited October 29, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    Does it work?

It works very well. Nice shot, Mary. One nit: I would try to fix the blue/purple cast in the upper left corner.
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2009
    Richard wrote:
    It works very well. Nice shot, Mary. One nit: I would try to fix the blue/purple cast in the upper left corner.

I'm with Richard here.

Warm rich tones and the unintended spotlight affect of the womans face. Very nice indeed thumb.gif
    Randy
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2009
    thumb.gif Personally - I think this is great. I like photos like this; it tells a story. I did one verysimilar.
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited October 29, 2009
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2009
    Nicely captured!!!
    Angelo, thanks for the link.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2009
    Richard wrote:

I'm happy to hear it works as I wasn't sure about photographing a photo.

I see that purple cast and it's bugging me now rolleyes1.gif I'll have to fix that. This photo was taken on the top of an old metal stool. The purple cast came from the sun coming through the window. I used natural light.

Thank you for looking and commenting.
    edited October 29, 2009
    rwells wrote:
    I'm with Richard here.

Warm rich tones and the unintended spotlight affect of the womans face. Very nice indeed thumb.gif

Howdy Randy :D

I'm glad you like the rich tones. Thought it might be a bit to much.

Thanks for taking a look and commenting :D
    edited October 29, 2009
    Eia wrote:
    thumb.gif Personally - I think this is great. I like photos like this; it tells a story. I did one verysimilar.

I like your photo much better then mine Eia. There is a story to yours. These 3 photos I found in my Dad's trunk of treasures. They were my Dad's old girl friends/friends....he had so many girl friends back then rolleyes1.gif One of them is a girl he was going to marry, but didn't. She's not the one facing up :D
    edited October 29, 2009
    Angelo wrote:

That was really interesting information Angelo - Thanks for the link thumb.gif

Wonder how much they paid for those back then?????
    edited October 29, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    Nicely captured!!!
    Angelo, thanks for the link.

Thanks Randy :D
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    I like your photo much better then mine Eia. There is a story to yours. These 3 photos I found in my Dad's trunk of treasures. They were my Dad's old girl friends/friends....he had so many girl friends back then rolleyes1.gif One of them is a girl he was going to marry, but didn't. She's not the one facing up :D
    rolleyes1.gif There is the story! rolleyes1.gif
    edited October 29, 2009
    Eia wrote:
    rolleyes1.gif There is the story! rolleyes1.gif

Yeah it was a story too on the "woman" he was to marry and didn't rolleyes1.gif I have the old letter he wrote home to my Granny about his "wife to be" he was bringing home.
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2009
    Hi Mary Kim........Nice shot... I really like itthumb.gif..... Maybe try it in B/W ... azzaro...
    edited October 29, 2009
    Azzaro wrote:
    Hi Mary Kim........Nice shot... I really like itthumb.gif..... Maybe try it in B/W ... azzaro...

Hello Azzaro :D

BW....never thought of that, but I'll give it a try. That would take out that funky color in the upper corner.

Thanks for stoppin' by, taking a look and leaving a comment :D
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2009
    Too cool Mary Kim. I can remember these machines in the penny arcade in my home town. Here's a picture of the Photomatic booth itself. You can see sample photos on the boot that are framed the same as yours. It cost 25 cents for the framed photo eek7.gif

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
    edited October 29, 2009
    Jack'll do wrote:
    Too cool Mary Kim. I can remember these machines in the penny arcade in my home town. Here's a picture of the Photomatic booth itself. You can see sample photos on the boot that are framed the same as yours. It cost 25 cents for the framed photo eek7.gif

Oh this is so neat -- You can remember them and I just looked and saw your a retired college professor. I'm a professor/deans daughter :D If you don't mind me asking...what did you teach? Thanks for the link Jack thumb.gif I can see the frames around the photos in the link. I've never taken the time to look all this stuff up, but with the help of you and Angelo I've learned a lot.

Those booths changed some from when I was a kid. Cost me a dollar if I remember correctly at the downtown Drug store . No frames tho with them :cry These were taken in NY and given to my Dad either when he was "at sea" as he would say or when he spent some time in NY after WWII. I think I have one of him somewhere in the box of old photos taken in the same type of booth, but without a frame.