Options

ReBates Canon

FourEyes45FourEyes45 Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
edited August 2, 2005 in Cameras
Hello Gang,
Beware of the Canon REBATES they will not honor them. Sent all the information that was required and they will not send rebates. Mad Yes I am
We were on Vac. the week we got the equipment and I took all the codes and B& H invoice and mailed in. They said I should be happy with a partical rebate. they got 2 of the codes not all of them. LOL Just one way of getting out of paying.
Thanks
Walter
Canon EOS 20 D
EF24-70mm1:2.8 L
EF70-200mm1:2.8L
580 Speedlite
canon 1.4 extender

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2005
    rubbish
    sorry you're having trouble. i've found that canon is highly honourable in their rebate program - i've done teh triple rebates from last winter, and the recent rebates - in both cases i received the rebate $$ quite rapidly. simply follow all the instructions here and there shouldn't be any trouble.
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited July 12, 2005
    I've had no problems either. Sorry Walter ne_nau.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    MLLKMLLK Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited July 12, 2005
    got a question about canon rebate.

I purchased 4 canon items that qualifies for the rebate separately. Can I send all the receipts, UPC, the rebate form in one envelope?

aaron
  • Options
    luckyrweluckyrwe Registered Users Posts: 952 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2005
    Read the directions. I think the big thing is that all the names and addresses must be EXACTLY the same. If I write Robert on one and Bob on the other, that may be enough of a difference to mess it up.

I like to number my items too. They say "Be sure to include 1...2...3..." So I write a big fat number 1 on the first item they want, a 2 on the second, and so on. So easy a flunkie can read it.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2005
    luckyrwe wrote:
    ...So easy a flunkie can read it.

15524779-Ti.gif

hey, i just got my second rebate check from the latest batch of rebate... $60 from canon :D they get it done. rebates suck in general, but hey, what're you gonna do?
  • Options
    Michiel de BriederMichiel de Brieder Registered Users Posts: 864 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2005
    yeah grmbl grmbl grmbl, they don't even have the 400mm F/5.6 in rebate :cry....

Sorry to hear about your story
    *In my mind it IS real*
    Michiel de Brieder
    http://www.digital-eye.nl
  • Options
    PeterGarPeterGar Registered Users Posts: 294 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2005
    I had no problem with the Canon rebate for my dRebel. The rebate was issued promptly and completly.
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2005
    Basically I ignore mail in rebates. If I want the item I am looking at, and the price is ok,I buy it. Yes, if there is a rebate I will send it in, but it WILL NOT effect my decision to buy.

Mail in rebatea are a SCAM. I will be happy to go to any court in America and debate this in front of a jury, so if any company wants to accept my chalange give me a call.

Even good companies with high ethical standards get sucked into this business practice from the other end, but if any company really wants to provide an ethical incentive to purchase, do it at the point of sale!

Recently I was looking into upgrading my cell phone. I currently have Sprint. The service has been ok, and I have no complaints.

I was in a Sprint store, listened to the sales pitch (FREE phone) etc, and was all set to upgrade when I was informed I needed to pay them for the phone, (200.00 or so) and then do a mail in rebate to get rembursed. I am in a Sprint store, trying to sign up for a Sprint phone and service. I give them $200.00 today and in 6 to 12 weeks if I am one of the lucky ones they will give my $200.00 back? They don't even have the unjustifiable weak excuse that I am dealing with a 3rd party retailer.

I still have the old phone, but when I get a chance I'll talk to one of the other cell phone comanies.

Sam
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2005
    With rebates, I can't afford the upfront, so they don't get my business, unless it is a very small rebate.

I get excited, I see the ad for 100.00, I think, I have 100.00, then I realize I am going to have to pay 250.00, and wait for about 3 different rebates. I don't have the 250.00, so it is a sale lost.

They are counting on the people who don't send the rebates in.

However, they really annoy me as, in my mind, you have to be "rich" to pay that money in the first place: or a heavy credit card user (been there, done that, am "paying" the price).

I sent one into Dell, as it was large, when we HAD to have a new computer. Only rebate I have ever used. And it took weeks, or months. Said so up front.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    MipikMipik Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited August 2, 2005
    Rebates
    I just received a post card from Canon yesterday saying they need two more items.....two items that I included in my initial rebate packet only a day after I purchased my camera. I took great care in reading the rebate and made an exact copy of the package I sent. I was very disappointed to see that it apparently was mishandled.

Not a fan of rebates either but I'm not one to toss them out either. Haven't had any problem with any others until now. Money back is money back. I'm irritated at having to resend what they say I didn't include when I KNOW that I did, after jumping through their hoops.

I'm a new member here and read this post just after purchasing my new camera, I took care to include everything they asked for and thought surely I wouldn't have any problems....wrong.

On a positive note.....I still LOVE my camera!

Canon 18-55mm
    Canon 28-135mm
    Canon 50mm, 1.8
    Canon 70-200mm, 2.8
    Tamron 200-500mm
    Kenko Extension tubes
    580EX Speedlite

• Options
    JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2005
    I sent my Canon rebate in on Saturday. I will let you know how it works out. I did "pre-register" my rebate on their website, so hopefully this will speed things along.
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos