Follow up emails to customers

l4pil4pi Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
edited October 30, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I'm in the middle of working with an irate customer. In all honesty, had she responded to the emails sent to her about an issue with printing the whole issue could have been avoided. She had not checked her email account since she ordered the prints

The order has been in processing and printing status for 10 days. So they were hot that the pictures had not arrived. They are also upset that there have been multiple debits and credits to the checking account over the same period of time I assume as a result of the lab not being able to ship the order.

My point is this. Had I been copied on the email to the customer from the beginning I could have intervened before now. I truly believe that there should NEVER be any communication with my customer that I'm not copied on.

Can we get this changed?

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2009
    what's the order# please?
  • l4pil4pi Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited October 29, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    what's the order# please?

I've emailed the hero's asking for a phone call back. They are claiming all the charges has caused bounce checks.......

They have forwarded to me the emails from Megan asking for the information on what to do with the order. Of course they never saw them until today when I asked them to check the email.
    edited October 29, 2009
    Let's just say I'm not real satisfied with the responses. Rather than airing it here, please feel free to contact me.....
    edited October 29, 2009
    l4pi wrote:
    Let's just say I'm not real satisfied with the responses. Rather than airing it here, please feel free to contact me.....
    We will, thanks.
    edited October 29, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    We will, thanks.

They did. Thanks !!!!

We're getting it resolved thanks to Sean!!!! He explained a lot of things which made me feel much better about the responses.

I guess he is my newest "hero"

Greg
    edited October 29, 2009
    l4pi wrote:
    They did. Thanks !!!!

We're getting it resolved thanks to Sean!!!! He explained a lot of things which made me feel much better about the responses.

I guess he is my newest "hero"

Greg
    Thanks for the follow up bowdown.gif
  • takeflightphototakeflightphoto Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    Thanks for the follow up bowdown.gif

Andy,

It would be nice to have a summary of the solution, as some of us may encounter this issue in the future. We don't need the blow-by-blow, but it might help us deal with similar up front with out customers, while waiting for SM to sort it out.

jon
    edited October 30, 2009
    Andy,

It would be nice to have a summary of the solution, as some of us may encounter this issue in the future. We don't need the blow-by-blow, but it might help us deal with similar up front with out customers, while waiting for SM to sort it out.

jon
    just had to do with a mistaken customer perception about credit card pre-authorizations. And a bit more, but it was unique to this support case.

All resolved and all parties happy - if you have any further questions, write me at our help desk, happy to help! Thanks :D
    edited October 30, 2009
    Andy,

jon

Jon

Let's just say it was a train wreck I didn't need and didn't have time to deal with yesterday and being a hot head I blew a gasket.

With that said, 95% of the issues were on this end, not smugmug's and could have been avoided if I had set up a gallery correctly and my customer had answered some emails on her end. We didn't and the problem became an issue to one of my customers which in the end was not a real issue at all.....at least on this end of the transaction.

Smugmug handled it (and me) very professionally and I was satisfied with the response once I understood some of the constraints we were all working under.

I should have never posted here and my sincere apologies to the smugmug team.
  • takeflightphototakeflightphoto Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2009
    Andy and James,

Thanks. Glad it worked out.

jon
    l4pi wrote:
    Jon

Let's just say it was a train wreck I didn't need and didn't have time to deal with yesterday and being a hot head I blew a gasket.

With that said, 95% of the issues were on this end, not smugmug's and could have been avoided if I had set up a gallery correctly and my customer had answered some emails on her end. We didn't and the problem became an issue to one of my customers which in the end was not a real issue at all.....at least on this end of the transaction.

Smugmug handled it (and me) very professionally and I was satisfied with the response once I understood some of the constraints we were all working under.

I should have never posted here and my sincere apologies to the smugmug team.