My friends

MuskyDudeMuskyDude Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
edited July 13, 2005 in People
I'd like you to meet two great people I've had the honor and priveledge to meet and talk with again, Bob (STFMaple Leaf) and his lovely wife Barb. I had a rather trying day, I won't get into the details but with good friends like the two of them, it made it all worth it.

These two are the definition of true love folks, they really enjoy each others company, and great friends, and are pure joy to behold.

Bob and Barb:

28037191-L.jpg

AJ

P.S I'm really a rookie with portraits, so I know I have lots to improve on.

Comments

• marlofmarlof Registered Users Posts: 1,833 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2005
    Your picture of Bob and Barb has captured the same friendliness that Bob demonstrates in his posts on STF, so my guess would be that you did them justice. It's nice to see such a beautiful portrait of them in here.
    enjoy being here while getting there
  • MuskyDudeMuskyDude Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2005
    marlof wrote:
    Your picture of Bob and Barb has captured the same friendliness that Bob demonstrates in his posts on STF, so my guess would be that you did them justice. It's nice to see such a beautiful portrait of them in here.
    Thanks Marlof, thats a very nice compliment and I most appreciate it. They are as friendly and warm, gracious and in love as you might think, maybe even more. Friends like these two you cherish, it's a rare sight to see these days...

AJ
  • marlofmarlof Registered Users Posts: 1,833 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2005
    Jah, although I hardly visit STF anymore (what's that H1 thing they're all raving about ;) ), I still have a soft spot for Bob. He's a natural, and I'd be proud to meet him one day.
    enjoy being here while getting there
  • 4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2005
    AJ,
    You really captured them well. Thank you for sharing and I hope your day today is better.

Eric
    edited July 12, 2005
    4labs wrote:
    AJ,
    You really captured them well. Thank you for sharing and I hope your day today is better.

Eric
    Thank you Eric, very kind of you to say and I appreciate your well wishes too. Oh and I never let things that I cannot control bother me, just wish I had of had more time. Still it was a great day! thumb.gif

Thanks again!

AJ
  • pete wpete w Registered Users Posts: 386 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2005
    You captured the sprit of Bob and Barb
    in this shot, That Bob's a fast learner and a great
    enthusiast. Very nice portrait.

AJ

P.S I'm really a rookie with portraits, so I know I have lots to improve on.[/QUOTE]
    Pete W
    Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again.
    Henri Cartier Bresson

www.pete-wraight.smugmug.com
  • John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2005
    AJ,
    Nice of you to post this.
    I wish Bob would post here as I enjoyed his posts on STF.
    I dont frequent that board anymorene_nau.gif
    edited July 12, 2005
    pete w wrote:
    in this shot, That Bob's a fast learner and a great
    enthusiast. Very nice portrait.

Thanks Pete! It's almost unbelievable that Bob is 85yrs young, until you see how he acts and thinks. And your very right, he's as sharp as they make em'. Thanks for your comments! :D

AJ
    edited July 12, 2005
    Thanks John!
    AJ,

Thank you John! I swore I'd never post there again, but for these two, I'll gladly make the exception. And I agree about Bob posting here, I think and hope he'll eventually make it around. We'll have to wait and see I guess...

AJ
  • BigAlBigAl Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2005
    AJ,
    15524779-Ti.gif I seem to recall he had a problem embedding pictures.

thanks for posting AJ.

regards
    alan
    edited July 13, 2005
    Hi Alan
    BigAl wrote:
    15524779-Ti.gif I seem to recall he had a problem embedding pictures.

thanks for posting AJ.

regards
    alan
    We briefly talked about this, I mentioned what I always tell him; that there are friends of his here at dgrin that miss him and his posts. But also that we understand and will repesct his descisions. When Dani and I visit him in Sept. maybe I'll sit down with his and show him how easy it is.

And thank you Alan. thumb.gif

AJ