Options

Invoice in the box?

heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
edited September 30, 2010 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Silly question: When I order a set of prints on behalf of a client and have it shipped directly to them is there an invoice in the box that shows the prices I paid? Or does it simply have the prints?

I do not want them to see how much I mark up my product.

Thanks for the quick reply I know is coming! :lust

Comments

• Options
    apiercyapiercy Registered Users Posts: 91 Big grins
    edited October 29, 2009
    No, I do this all the time and there is nothing that tells them what your markup is in the box. This was one of my fears when I first signed up as well. thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited October 30, 2009
    Appreciate the reply, but still I am uncertain if you understand my question.

A client's grandmother doesn't do the internet. So she asked me to order her prints for her and have them shipped to her. I took a check personally and ordered her prints at my cost and want the lab to ship it directly to her. Will the invoice included show the price I paid for the prints?
  • Options
    takeflightphototakeflightphoto Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2009
    Appreciate the reply, but still I am uncertain if you understand my question.

A client's grandmother doesn't do the internet. So she asked me to order her prints for her and have them shipped to her. I took a check personally and ordered her prints at my cost and want the lab to ship it directly to her. Will the invoice included show the price I paid for the prints?

There is no invoice in the package, only a packing slip.

Your credit card statement/invoice that you got when ordering is the thing that shows the prices paid. If YOU ordered the prints, YOU will get the invoice with cost prices on it. Same if a client themselves orders. They get the invoice by email with the prices paid. They never see your cost.

jon
  • Options
    edited October 30, 2009
    There is no invoice in the package, only a packing slip.

Your credit card statement/invoice that you got when ordering is the thing that shows the prices paid. If YOU ordered the prints, YOU will get the invoice with cost prices on it. Same if a client themselves orders. They get the invoice by email with the prices paid. They never see your cost.

jon

Ah thanks so much. This is exactly the answer I needed!iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    KeithHKeithH Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
    edited September 30, 2010
    This is my question too. And it is still holds true? One hundred percent positive?
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2010
    KeithH wrote: »
    This is my question too. And it is still holds true? One hundred percent positive?

Yes. thumb.gif