Options

First e-session (I think I survived!)

divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
edited October 30, 2009 in Weddings
I have a LOT to go through still and should really be packing to get out of town instead of doing photo stuff, but I wanted to let you all know how much I appreciated the advice, help, and handholding that made today go much, MUCH better than I could have hoped!

In no particular order:

- they will prise the 135L out of my cold dead hands. I bought one in the fleamarket this week, miraculously it arrived this morning in time for me to check it out AND use it and I will have to sell other lenses to pay for it but.... HOLY COW!! I knew it would be good... I didn't know just HOW good.

- special shout out to Blurmore - I didn't want to impose on his kindness and drag him out since the couple were ditzin' around about times, so wound up flying solo in the end. BUUUUUUUT he took the time to give me some really helpful pointers, and just knowing there was somebody local "out there" rooting for me was a real confidence booster! (They're still looking for a wedding 'tog, Blur, so I recommended they have a look at your blog while they're shopping and they may be in touch..... :D)

It was actually overcast and cloudy today so no mid-day glare, although it was very flllattt lighting - good and bad on that score, I guess. I made LOADS of mistakes (of course), but I think there are enough out of the session that they should be pleased - I've barely begun to cull much less edit, but can't resist posting a teaser - more to come in due course..... :D

696733381_HkG8q-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    entropy07entropy07 Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited October 29, 2009
    Just looking at this one photo, I think you did great! Love the bokeh, the sharpness, the expression. =)
    Nikon D700, 50mm f/1.8, 85mm f/1.8, 24-70mm f/2.8, 60mm f/2.8, SB-900
    Site
    Blog
  • Options
    sherijohnsonsherijohnson Registered Users Posts: 310 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2009
    I look forward to seeing the rest.
    Sheri Johnson
    Atlanta, GA USA
    my smugmug
    Atlanta Modern Wedding Photographer
    SheriJohnsonPhotography.com
  • Options
    sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2009
    Gorgeous! I really like the processing. And I would say that it's much easier to combat flat overcast lighting than midday sun, especially without any assistance. The universe was rooting for you today! I can't wait to see more- I've been waiting all day for you to post, knowing that you'd be eager to get something up for us.

Caroline
  • Options
    ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2009
    Woohoo! Looks great, Diva! And can you see how green I am about that 135? Green. Very green. rolleyes1.gif :ivar
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Options
    Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2009
    Ok, with a teaser like that, the Climax is bound to be great! :D
  • Options
    BsimonBsimon Registered Users Posts: 252 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2009
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2009
    It's gawgeous!!!!:D

...and yes it appears the weather gods were on your side!!!thumb.gif

FWIW.....if Blurmore does this wedding I think we should start a petition for him to use you as second since you gave him the lead.....:D

Hey.....Im just sayin!rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2009
    agreed...the 135L is soooo sweet.

i'm so happy for you....and as the others have said, the teaser alone is fabulous, so I'm sure the whole set will be! Way to go!
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2009
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    It's gawgeous!!!!:D

...and yes it appears the weather gods were on your side!!!thumb.gif

FWIW.....if Blurmore does this wedding I think we should start a petition for him to use you as second since you gave him the lead.....:D

Hey.....Im just sayin!rolleyes1.gif

For sure! Diva, you know it's only a matter of time, so you may as well start learning and second some great photographers.

Caroline
  • Options
    lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2009
    I love it! can't wait to see the rest!
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2009
    Thanks so much, everybody - dgrin really is THE friendliest, most supportive place on the net iloveyou.gif

I have a feeling that one's going to be the wallhanger, but we'll see how I get on with the rest of them over coming days....
  • Options
    mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2009
    Feel-good thread of the year! thumb.gifx2

135 f2L is simply magical isn't it? Love that lens and I use mine a lot. So far so good divamum! Anxiously awaiting the rest!!!

Matt
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
  • Options
    marikrismarikris Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2009
    Ohhh, count me in with those who can't wait to see the rest :D
  • Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2009
    If the first shot is an indication of what is still to come, you're on a great start!

PS - If anyone wants my 135L they'd have it pry it off my dead body too. :)