Options

GSMNP Fall Colors - C&C welcome

tony0778tony0778 Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
edited November 1, 2009 in Landscapes
This is my first C&C request on the forum. I'm just getting back into photography after selling my 35mm gear five years ago. We vacationed in the GSMNP last week and I photographed Cades Cove, Tremont, and the Roaring Fork Motor Trail. Hopefully, the link will work!

http://cmd.shutterfly.com/commands/pictures/slideshow?site=hathcocksphotojournal&page=hathcocksphotojournal&album=56

I know I have a lot to learn but I'm having a blast!

Comments

• Options
    Picture North CarolinaPicture North Carolina Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited October 30, 2009
    Nice shots in there. #4 has great lighting!

SmugMug Gallery | Website | Like my Facebook page, I'll like yours
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited October 30, 2009
    You'd get a lot more comments if you presented a few pictures in this thread, rather than directing folks to another website, especially a Flash based one. I have a flashblocker on my browser, so that's the end of the trail for me.

Regards,
    -joel
  • Options
    EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2009
    These are beautiful but that pic of the deer is really great! I hope you post the pictures here vs. a link; I think you would get a whole lot of response with these wonderful images!
  • Options
    edited October 30, 2009
    Thanks
    Thanks for the feedback. I posted the link in a rush. I'll study up on how to post within the thread.
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2009
    Joel,

I'm sure I'm missing something but maybe you can help. My photos are posted on my shutterfly site. I have downloaded and studied the tutorial on embedding photos but have been unsuccessful.
    This is all I get. 59

Any advise?
  • Options
    dvaughndvaughn Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited October 31, 2009
    Good Photos.
    I live in East Tennessee and visit these sites often. I haven't been there this fall yet and it may be too late for me to go. I can't decide between the cabin and the deer. I liked them both. thumb.gif
    Never dwell on the past or dread the future, live life in the present, it's better that way.
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2009
    Thanks Dale
    I enjoyed your website. We also have a Mini-Schanuzer, "Calvin", in our family. Wonderful dog! You're fortunate to live near such a beautiful area. It's about a 3 hour drive for us - not too bad- but far enough that I can't go as often as I would like.
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited October 31, 2009
    tony0778 wrote:
    Joel,

I'm sure I'm missing something but maybe you can help. My photos are posted on my shutterfly site. I have downloaded and studied the tutorial on embedding photos but have been unsuccessful.
    This is all I get. 59

Any advise?

Tony,

I just spent a fair amount of time in your shutterfly gallery to see what's up, and basically you're screwed. Shutterfly has gone to great lengths to make it extremely difficult if not impossible to hotlink your images. The best you can do is use the Download function to save the image to your hard-drive, and then use the Manage Attachments feature on the Dgrin post composition window to upload copies to the dgrin server.

Shutterfly is awful anyway. All those ads and popups are hideous. My recommendation would be to ditch shutterfly completely and open yourself a Smugmug account. I used to manage my own photo server (based on Coppermine), but finally gave up and went to the dark-side with Smugmug. No advertisements, zillions of features, and YOU are in control. You just can't beat it. ne_nau.gif

Regards,
    -joel
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2009
    Thanks Joel
    Joel,

Thanks so much for your time reviewing my problem.
    I agree with your assessment of Shutterfly and plan to switch over to SmugMug when I have a few more decent photos to share.

Thanks again for your help!
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2009
    w/photos - GSMNP Fall Colors
    OK....I joined SmugMug (and I like it already!). I would really appreciate your C&C on my prints. Last week was the most time I have spent on photograpy in years. These shots were taking in Cades Cove, Tremont, and Roaring Fork.

Equipment: Canon XSi, 18-55, 55-250, Manfrotto 3001 w/pan/tilt.
    1) Middle Prong of Little River - Tremont
    [IMG][/img]698406185_kVDgo-L.jpg
    2) Roaring Fork Motor Trail - Ogle Cabin
    [IMG][/img]698426738_ZLCic-M.jpg
    3) Early morning in Cades Cove
    [IMG][/img]698427455_N4kXk-M.jpg
    4) Buck in Cades Cove
    [IMG][/img]698428782_DibjT-M.jpg

5) Morning mist in Cades Cove
    [IMG][/img]698426621_wNNBZ-M.jpg
    6) Middle Prong of Little River - Tremont
    [IMG][/img]698405052_iDtUW-M.jpg
  • Options
    karlabbottkarlabbott Registered Users Posts: 401 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2009
    Hey Tony -- you have some wonderful compositions here. I especially like 1,3, and 6. Great Job! :D

Karl
  • Options
    grimacegrimace Registered Users Posts: 1,534 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2009
    Nice series!! #1 and #4 are my favorites.