edited October 30, 2009
    Richard wrote:
    Nice title, but the pic is even better. I love it. clap.gif

Thanks Richard,

I added another image to the original post. Two for one offer rolleyes1.gif
    Randy
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2009
    I think I could walk through a gallery and see one of these and say "That's a Randy Wells!" Without the watermark, of course. rolleyes1.gif

Truly great work with your processing--#2 is one of my favorites of all your work. I like the focus and bit of color in the pistol and the way it is placed in the sun. And I especially like the DOF with the rope. Outstanding!

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2009
    WHOA!!! You've outdone yourself here Randy. The second one is fabulous...I prefer it because of the inclusion of the other elements in the shot. The overall rendering is just really, really well done.

Take care,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2009
    I'm actually digging the first one. In the second one, the pistol seems to be floating in the space whereas in the first, the pistol appears to be balanced, but supported.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2009
    Another ace! The first one is my fave - I like the position of the pistol and over all color.thumb.gif
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2009
    redleash wrote:
    I think I could walk through a gallery and see one of these and say "That's a Randy Wells!" Without the watermark, of course. rolleyes1.gif

Truly great work with your processing--#2 is one of my favorites of all your work. I like the focus and bit of color in the pistol and the way it is placed in the sun. And I especially like the DOF with the rope. Outstanding!

Lauren

Lauren,

Thank you for those truly gracious words!!! I'm glad I was able to create another image that registered highly with you, I'm pleased :D
    Randy
    edited October 30, 2009
    WHOA!!! You've outdone yourself here Randy. The second one is fabulous...I prefer it because of the inclusion of the other elements in the shot. The overall rendering is just really, really well done.

Take care,

Tom

Tom,

Thanks for your input and kind words. It helps reaffirm that I'm still on the right track.
    Randy
    edited October 30, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    I'm actually digging the first one. In the second one, the pistol seems to be floating in the space whereas in the first, the pistol appears to be balanced, but supported.

Thanks for the input Andrew,

that's why I posted both. They are different enough in composition and a bit of difference in the processing. Was curious what the thoughts were for each.
    Randy
    edited October 30, 2009
    Eia wrote:
    Another ace! The first one is my fave - I like the position of the pistol and over all color.thumb.gif

Thanks Eia,

I appreciate your input!
    Randy
  • Dancer72Dancer72 Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited October 30, 2009
    All I can say is "WOW"...I feel like I was just transported back to the Wild West!

Nice composition in both shots, and I LOVE the old world color effect on both. I really like how the gun is lit in #2 - brings your eye right to the "tool of choice". :D

Thanks for sharing!
    Caroline Brogen

Member: PPA, PPAM
    Gallery: http://photos.brogen.com/Public-Gallery/Carolines-Gallery
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2009
    Howdy Randy
    Boy you've really got that technique down pat. Love them both but the composition in #2 really makes it special.

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2009
    Hi Randy ..... These are fabulous..... clap.gif azzaro
    edited October 31, 2009
    Dancer72 wrote:
    All I can say is "WOW"...I feel like I was just transported back to the Wild West!

Nice composition in both shots, and I LOVE the old world color effect on both. I really like how the gun is lit in #2 - brings your eye right to the "tool of choice". :D

Thanks for sharing!

Hey Caroline,

Thanks for the kind words and input!
    Randy
    edited October 31, 2009
    Jack'll do wrote:
    Howdy Randy
    Boy you've really got that technique down pat. Love them both but the composition in #2 really makes it special.

Jack,

Wish I had your collection to shoot (both ways) :D

Thanks for looking
    Randy
    edited October 31, 2009
    Azzaro wrote:
    Hi Randy ..... These are fabulous..... clap.gif azzaro

Thanks for the kind comment Azzaro!
    Randy
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2009
    WOW Randy -- those are really good. Everything there makes me think "Texas" thumb.gif

Like your watermark. I tried to do that shadow type box, but couldn't figure it out.
    edited October 31, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    WOW Randy -- those are really good. Everything there makes me think "Texas" thumb.gif

Like your watermark. I tried to do that shadow type box, but couldn't figure it out.

Thanks Mary,

Watermark:

Create a new layer - select a large brush with white being the color - hold down your shift key and start to paint, this will keep it perfectly horizontal - select they type tool and make your copyright - now adjust to opacity of both layers to taste!
    Randy
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2009
    rwells wrote:
    Thanks Mary,

Watermark:

Create a new layer - select a large brush with white being the color - hold down your shift key and start to paint, this will keep it perfectly horizontal - select they type tool and make your copyright - now adjust to opacity of both layers to taste!

Thanks Randy letting me know how to do the watermark :D