Options

New Lightbox on keyword gallery UI nit

MalteMalte Registered Users Posts: 1,181 Major grins
edited January 7, 2010 in Bug Reporting
Since flipping through pictures and videos in Lightbox isn't possible in a keyword gallery, why show sequence with no values, "| of 0 |"?

Malte

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2009
    Malte wrote:
    Since flipping through pictures and videos in Lightbox isn't possible in a keyword gallery, why show sequence with no values, "| of 0 |"?

Malte
    Malte, could I have a link please that shows this?
  • Options
    edited October 30, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    Malte, could I have a link please that shows this?

http://malte.smugmug.com/keyword/kade#690196426_zyJAo-A-LB

Malte
  • Options
    edited October 30, 2009
    Malte wrote:

Malte
    we'll bug it.
  • Options
    edited November 11, 2009
    Malte wrote:

Malte

Hm, I thought Lightbox arrowkey advancing wasn't possible in keyword galleries, but it works perfectly fine when clicking "Keywords" on www.smugmug.com. Could this be a related bug? Is "flipping" through pictures and videos supposed to work in keyword galleries?

Malte
  • Options
    edited November 13, 2009
    Malte wrote:
    Hm, I thought Lightbox arrowkey advancing wasn't possible in keyword galleries, but it works perfectly fine when clicking "Keywords" on www.smugmug.com. Could this be a related bug? Is "flipping" through pictures and videos supposed to work in keyword galleries?

Malte

Is anyone else experiencing problems arrowkey advancing in keyword galleries? I just tried it on PhotoKandy's (fabulously customized bowdown.gif) site, http://sm.photokandy.com/keyword/stilllife#707410373_JGTXP-A-LB , and it works fine there too. What could be wrong with my keyword gallery?

Malte
  • Options
    timk519timk519 Registered Users Posts: 831 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2009
    It could be related to this: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=150255
    • Save $5 off your first year's SmugMug image hosting with coupon code hccesQbqNBJbc
  • Options
    edited November 13, 2009
    timk519 wrote:

Nah I don't think so, my problem is older than those changes. Thanks though.

Malte
  • Options
    edited November 15, 2009
    Malte wrote:
    Is anyone else experiencing problems arrowkey advancing in keyword galleries? I just tried it on PhotoKandy's (fabulously customized bowdown.gif) site, http://sm.photokandy.com/keyword/stilllife#707410373_JGTXP-A-LB , and it works fine there too. What could be wrong with my keyword gallery?

Malte

Bump.

Malte
  • Options
    edited November 15, 2009
    Malte wrote:
    Bump.

Malte
    it's bugged,....
  • Options
    edited November 15, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    it's bugged,....

Cool, thanks Andy! Any clue why it's happening to me?

Malte
  • Options
    docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited November 16, 2009
    Because its a bug. deal.gif We will get it fixed as soon as we can.
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited November 16, 2009
    docwalker wrote:
    Because its a bug. deal.gif We will get it fixed as soon as we can.

I wasn't trying to be smatypants and I'm not trying to rush you. I was wondering why it's happening to me, a site with very little EZC customization, and not to photoKandy with loads of customization.

I'm totally fine if there's no way of knowing this.

Malte
  • Options
    docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited November 16, 2009
    Malte, Sorry if I seemed like I made you feel that way. I was trying to point out that Andy has said is a bug a couple times. Its not just you, it is nothing you did, and its not your customizations. The problem is happening to every user because of a bug in the system. I don't know what happened other than a programmer did not handle it correctly in the last change and our testers missed it. For that I am very sorry. We try to test every possible permutation when we make changes to the system. Sometimes things we change cause problems with something totally unexpected.

There is nothing you can do at this time. Hopefully the guys will get a chance to take a look and fix it soon. thumb.gif
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited November 16, 2009
    docwalker wrote:
    ...I was trying to point out that Andy has said is a bug a couple times.

The reason Andy answered me twice was because I asked two different questions. First I presumed that Lightbox arrowkey advancing in keyword galleries is impossible by design and my question was "...why show sequence with no values, "| of 0 |"?" When Andy answered bug to this I assumed he meant the "sequence with no values" part. Then I went on to try Lightbox arrowkey advancing on smugmug.com and photokandy.com, successfully. I then cam back to ask: "Could this be a related bug? Is "flipping" through pictures and videos supposed to work in keyword galleries?"
    docwalker wrote:
    ...The problem is happening to every user because of a bug in the system...

Ok, so is this happening to respective owners on their own sites only? Can PhotoKandy advance with arrowkeys in Lightbox on my site?
    docwalker wrote:
    ...For that I am very sorry. We try to test every possible permutation when we make changes to the system. Sometimes things we change cause problems with something totally unexpected...

We're good Doc! iloveyou.gif I just wanted to hear that these were both bugs or the same bug and it'll be fixed.

Malte
  • Options
    cosmo5cosmo5 Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited January 7, 2010
    Seems like lightbox is not working only when using multiple keywords. I tried using just a single keyword and it works fine by adding the A-LB to the end of the URL. However, when using more than one keyword, it only shows the one pic and does not give you the arrows to move on to the next one.