Options

newbie questions

tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
edited July 17, 2010 in Assignments
I just discovered the weekly and monthly assignments. After looking through the threads, I have some questions.

There doesn't seem to be a schedule. Is there an assignment posted every week/month? Some of the old topics still seem to be taking current entries. Can I go back and submit images to old assignment topics and still get guidance and critique?

I love this idea. I don't get the time to shoot and PP something in depth each week. It would be great to do a shoot on a given topic and then use it for a couple of different techniques here.

I did read the rules and info about the assignments, but it still left these questions.

Thanks, Chris
http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
If it's locked... find an open window.

Comments

• Options
    dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2009
    Chris, you can submit an entry for any assignment any time you want. I'm just browsing through them again myself to see if I can find one to work on today.
  • Options
    tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2009
    another question
    So, if I post in an older thread, does anyone actively monitor them? OR do you just hope to get lucky and have someone happen to be browsing by?

thanks for answering.
    http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
    If it's locked... find an open window.
  • Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2009
    So, if I post in an older thread, does anyone actively monitor them? OR do you just hope to get lucky and have someone happen to be browsing by?

thanks for answering.
    It will pop up to the top of the message board as having new activity, just like this thread did.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2009

thanks for answering.

Nik is the moderator for the Assignments and anytime I've posted, regardless of which assignment, he's seen it and replied.
  • Options
    banditbandit Registered Users Posts: 59 Big grins
    edited July 17, 2010
    I am new here and I really wanted to start these off
    So I just started at number 1. I am currently at assignment which is stone but haven’t had the opportunity yet due to work. I jumped to number 50 eye of the beholder and passed it as i just managed to get a fresh picture which this covered.
    I just have to say Nikolai has taken time out to comment on all my pics and helped me improve my style already.
    All I can say is go for it make sure your pics are fresh and have a lot of fun doing it also keep tabs on which ones you have and havent done

I am trying to start at number 1 and work my way up
    Just a normal guy who see's eveything as one big picture (just wish my memory card was big enough lol)