Options

a big thank you!!

travcattravcat Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
edited July 12, 2005 in Cameras
I just wanted to thank you all for helping me with the Royal Camera fiasco. Royal Camera tried to tell my credit card company that I had the camera, but I had the UPS tracking number, so all my money was refunded!! I finally got my Nikon somewhere else. Thank you all for the ideas and help - without all of you, I would have been scammed and would have no camera! I will try to post a picture soon, though I am not very good yet. My family thinks it's crazy that I have such an expensive camera, but maybe someday I'll be a good photographer!! :):

Catherine

Comments

• Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2005
    travcat wrote:
    I just wanted to thank you all for helping me with the Royal Camera fiasco. Royal Camera tried to tell my credit card company that I had the camera, but I had the UPS tracking number, so all my money was refunded!! I finally got my Nikon somewhere else. Thank you all for the ideas and help - without all of you, I would have been scammed and would have no camera! I will try to post a picture soon, though I am not very good yet. My family thinks it's crazy that I have such an expensive camera, but maybe someday I'll be a good photographer!! :):

Catherine
    Catherine, I'm very sorry to hear that you almost got scammed, but I'm very happy to hear that everything was resolved in the end! I'm trying to get the word out about camera scam groups such as the Brooklyn Scammers, but it's not an easy task.

If you're interested, do what you can to help save others from falling into the same traps! Look in various camera magazines and if you see ads run by companies such as DigitalLiquidators, J&K Cameras, A&M PhotoWorld, or of course Royal Camera, then write a letter to that magazine informing them that no matter how much these companies are paying for the ad to run, it's downright unethical to subject their readers to greedy, dishonest people like these.

I bet HUNDREDS of people fall for nonsense such as a D70s, yes I said a D70S selling for $630, or the Fuji S3 selling for $1300. So do what you can to help shut down these people.

-Matt-
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2005
    glad the outcome was positive. do everyone a favor and go to resellerratings.com and post your own feedback - don't be shy!!!!!!!

cheers