Options

EOS Film camera's.

blackwaterstudioblackwaterstudio Registered Users Posts: 779 Major grins
edited July 30, 2005 in Cameras
After a long talk on a few forums about MF I'm thinking about picking up a film camera. I'm looking at a few on www.keh.com and need some help as I'm not up on the film line of Canon.

1. EOS-1 w/Powerbooster E1

2. EOS-1N RS

3. EOS-1V HS

4. EOS-3 w/Powerbooster E2

Any help on these would be great.

Comments

• Options
    robscomputerrobscomputer Registered Users Posts: 326 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2005
    Ohh, good choices!

I bought my EOS 3 w/PB-E2 from them last year and just recently sold it. Very nice camera, very solid, alot offers easy to use custom functions. The EOS 1 I never shot with but I can tell that it's heavier than the EOS 3, IIRC the EOS 1 is almost entire body is metal. The build on the EOS 3 is not as nice on the EOS 1, mostly plastic with a metal frame. Also the EOS 3 used 8 AA batteries but they lasted very long, I think mine was still full after 20 rolls.

Both cameras use the standard remote as the 10D, 20D.

Do you shoot lots of film? I actually sold my EOS 3 becaused I only used it about 5 times a year. Ended up bringing out my EOS A2E which worked great but my film needs. I think you can find a A2E, Elan for under $150 which will be a great film camera. Just an idea.

Rob
    Enjoying photography since 1980.
  • Options
    blackwaterstudioblackwaterstudio Registered Users Posts: 779 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2005
    Ohh, good choices!

I bought my EOS 3 w/PB-E2 from them last year and just recently sold it. Very nice camera, very solid, alot offers easy to use custom functions. The EOS 1 I never shot with but I can tell that it's heavier than the EOS 3, IIRC the EOS 1 is almost entire body is metal. The build on the EOS 3 is not as nice on the EOS 1, mostly plastic with a metal frame. Also the EOS 3 used 8 AA batteries but they lasted very long, I think mine was still full after 20 rolls.

Both cameras use the standard remote as the 10D, 20D.

Do you shoot lots of film? I actually sold my EOS 3 becaused I only used it about 5 times a year. Ended up bringing out my EOS A2E which worked great but my film needs. I think you can find a A2E, Elan for under $150 which will be a great film camera. Just an idea.

Rob
    Haven't shot any yet, but I plan to use it as much as my digi. I'm going to the bahama's in december and I want the vivid colors that I can get from Fuji's velvia film.
  • Options
    Michiel de BriederMichiel de Brieder Registered Users Posts: 864 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2005
    Ended up bringing out my EOS A2E which worked great but my film needs. I think you can find a A2E, Elan for under $150 which will be a great film camera. Just an idea.
    Rob
    I agree, my EOS 5 is *awesome* the metering is superb and handling is a charm!!!
    *In my mind it IS real*
    Michiel de Brieder
    http://www.digital-eye.nl
  • Options
    gtcgtc Registered Users Posts: 916 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2005
    velvia
    Haven't shot any yet, but I plan to use it as much as my digi. I'm going to the bahama's in december and I want the vivid colors that I can get from Fuji's velvia film.
    there is a pretty good PS Velvia action around if you can get access to a good printer-if you are off to the Bahamas you could instead spend the money on an underwater housing and PS Velvia the results..it would mean lugging less....not that I am against film-I just picked up a Minox 35mm that fits in my jeans pocket,for under $200-film cameras are being thrown out and its a good time to buy
    Latitude: 37° 52'South
    Longitude: 145° 08'East

Canon 20d,EFS-60mm Macro,Canon 85mm/1.8. Pentax Spotmatic SP,Pentax Super Takumars 50/1.4 &135/3.5,Pentax Super-Multi-Coated Takumars 200/4 ,300/4,400/5.6,Sigma 600/8.