Options

Lady and the Lamp

nikosnikos Registered Users Posts: 216 Major grins
edited October 31, 2009 in Street and Documentary
A lady backed into the light with her SUV and toppled it over onto the street. When she saw the damage that she caused from her rear view mirror, she took off like a bat out of hell.

697003165_otohQ-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2009
    nikos wrote:
    A lady backed into the light with her SUV and toppled it over onto the street. When she saw the damage that she caused from her rear view mirror, she took off like a bat out of hell.

It's interesting having the narrative with this - because the image doesn't tell us any of this. In fact, the images suggests that the cop car hit the lamp; at least that's my first thought when I saw it - especially given the weird configuration of flasher's on the cop car roof.

So does the photo tell the story? Nope. What the photo is is misleading. rolleyes1.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    nikosnikos Registered Users Posts: 216 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2009
    Understood and noted.

This wasn't meant to be a PJ shot but your comment (actually your interpretation) of the image now has me thinking to shoot with a different mindset.

Thanks for the feedback.
    Nikos
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2009
    nikos wrote:
    Understood and noted.

This wasn't meant to be a PJ shot but your comment (actually your interpretation) of the image now has me thinking to shoot with a different mindset.

Thanks for the feedback.
    Nikos

Hi, Nikos - my comment really has nothing to do with PJ - but rather with the disconnect between the title and the image. The image contains just two basic pieces of information: apparently parked cop car; downed lamp. Is there a connection? Of any lind? I don't know. I'm sure rhis image could be used as the basis for some sort of psycholgical study regarding people's attitudes toward police and or utility companies: "Look at the photograph. Then write a paragraph telling us what's going on here, and what happened in the 10 minutes before the photo was taken.". rolleyes1.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed