Options

Creeping Denim

aurafloraauraflora Registered Users Posts: 471 Major grins
edited July 13, 2005 in Holy Macro
This creepy crawler was crawling on my denim jeans so instead of brushing him off, I decided to photograh him and put him in the spot light (I brushed him off later)

Michal

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2005
    Michael,

nice job on this inchworm or catarpillar(?). I like the colors and the out of focus pattern of your jeans is a great background.
    I had a similar guy last summer, but not on the jeans. Instead he crawled on the ground and my dad picked him up with a leave:
    7745488-L.jpg

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2005
    I like the different textures Michal. I would have definately flicked it off without taking a picture of it.
  • Options
    edited July 13, 2005
    Thanks
    Thanks--Sebastian and Eric..

Sebastian--thanks for including your shot as well. Also an interesting creepy crawler. The green leaf seems more like a natural setting than my jeans :)

Eric--I will do anything for the sake of art :D

Michal
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2005
    Good Shot
    auraflora wrote:
    This creepy crawler was crawling on my denim jeans so instead of brushing him off, I decided to photograh him and put him in the spot light (I brushed him off later)

Michal
    Hi Michal.......those spikes are usually a warning, and never recommended to touch anything your not sure if it might hurt you or not.

Some of those caterpillars have tiny barbs that imbed in your skin if you touch them, and can be quite nasty to get out.

Your little fellow looks like a bristles of a brush doesn't he :D
    Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    edited July 13, 2005
    Hi Skippy--

Thanks for the warning. I'll take that into consideration in the future.

All the best

Michal

Skippy wrote:
    Hi Michal.......those spikes are usually a warning, and never recommended to touch anything your not sure if it might hurt you or not.

Some of those caterpillars have tiny barbs that imbed in your skin if you touch them, and can be quite nasty to get out.

Your little fellow looks like a bristles of a brush doesn't he :D
    Skippy (Australia)