Candlelight Graveyard Tour -Annapolis Royal, NS

PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
edited November 1, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Howdy All,

Seems an appropriate time to post some pics from the Wonderful town of Annapolis Royal, and their Famous "Graveyard Tour"

The Historic Candlelight Graveyard Tour is given by it's Creator and also the President of the Historic Society of Annapolis Royal Alan Melanson Which was one of KK's relatives 10 generations back. <g> He was such a pleasure to meet and talk to, and was a walking encyclopedia on the History and Treasures of Annapolis Royal.

We all met at 9pm at Fort Anne, and from there gathered our candle powered lanterns and we were off on a wonderful adventure and have to say it was rather spooky even with 25-30 people around us.

Alan explained all the symbolism on the early gravestones, and what they meant, also the work of the Historic Society to help preserve them . Also, we learn about the great history of Annapolis Royal, and it's place in the early settling of not only Nova Scotia, but Canada. We also, got to see the oldest tombstone dated 1720. The Cemetery there at Annapolis Royal is the Oldest English Graveyard in Canada.

On to the Pics!!!

674743198_H9Z33-L.jpg

674743319_jx7ua-L.jpg

674743367_iGVaj-L.jpg

674743430_dTCdE-L.jpg

674743519_n4hRM-L.jpg

674743538_dBLqz-L.jpg

674743667_hLNJT-L.jpg

674743640_5cDPL-L.jpg

674743676_JFkNa-L.jpg

674743796_vrgTe-L.jpg

674743814_ytEhn-L.jpg

674743813_7cyho-L.jpg

674744079_2TY37-L.jpg

674743971_CB9gc-L.jpg

I have to say it was just so much fun and a great experience that we were extremely tempted to go the next night.

It was one of the Highlights of our Nova Scotia Adventure.

Happy Halloween Everyone!!!

Kindest Regards,

Craig</g>
Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2009
    Hey Craig,

Thanks for sharing this experience. That tour sounds like something I would really enjoy. I did something like that in Natchez, Mississippi, at a huge historic graveyard they have. You're right, even with a number of folks around, it can get a little spooky. You have got me pumped about going to NS.

Take care,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2009
    Hey Craig,

Thanks for sharing this experience. That tour sounds like something I would really enjoy. I did something like that in Natchez, Mississippi, at a huge historic graveyard they have. You're right, even with a number of folks around, it can get a little spooky. You have got me pumped about going to NS.

Take care,

Tom

Howdy Tom,

Thanks very much,

I can't tell you how much we loved all our travels in Nova Scotia, we've talked about how soon we can go back:D:D:D

Loved that Graveyard Tour and wished we'd had more time to take more of the Tours the Melanson's had to offer for the Historic Society. His Wife also gives Tours around the Town of it's rich History(Kind of funny, she's from Dallas Tx)

Thanks again!!!
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2009
    Hey Craig,

That sounds like it would have been a lot of fun.

I can't help but notice; your candle seems much brighter than everyone else's rolleyes1.gif
    Randy
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2009
    rwells wrote:
    Hey Craig,

That sounds like it would have been a lot of fun.

I can't help but notice; your candle seems much brighter than everyone else's rolleyes1.gif

Howdy Randy,

It really was a neat time, would love to do it again.

I know, I know, I started to feel bad about 1/2 way in, everyone was kind of fumbling around to get their bearings and waiting for their nightvision to kick back in:D:D:D
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas