First Adult Model

psenior1psenior1 Registered Users Posts: 125 Major grins
edited November 3, 2009 in People
We have a small studio set up at home that we mainly use for shooting kids and families at weekends, Lianne kindly offered to pose last week.

Tried to do something a little different with the P&P, C&C welcome :D

699453651_aPmss-L.jpg

699447527_pJohj-L.jpg

699453051_nBTbC-L.jpg

699448704_TXKAQ-L.jpg

699446635_BJJMy-L.jpg

699451339_k4rhL-L.jpg
website - http://www.snrmac.com
facebook - my facebook page please LIKE me!

Comments

• HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2009
    Heck of a great first adult job. You've done a remarkable job on these. Can't really find one I don't like and I do like your post processing.
  • psenior1psenior1 Registered Users Posts: 125 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2009
    thanks for the positive feedback and comments, much appreciated.
    website - http://www.snrmac.com
    facebook - my facebook page please LIKE me!
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2009
    Nice set there! On #2, at first I thought the tat was a scratch wound (kinda fitting for the leopard print), then realized it was writing...
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited November 1, 2009
    Ok, I'll be the odd man out. These aren't really working for me. I find it difficult to view them because there so little contrast between the model's skin and the background. The skin seems to be desaturated and maybe smoothed to the point that there's no texture, just eyes, nose and hair floating in space. Ok, maybe that's an exaggeration, but basically what I see. Everything is so gray that they look underexposed to me. Take the tatoos for example, they're barely visible. That can't be right. ne_nau.gif

Regards,
    -joel
  • CyberSteakCyberSteak Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2009
    kdog wrote:
    Ok, I'll be the odd man out. These aren't really working for me. I find it difficult to view them because there so little contrast between the model's skin and the background. The skin seems to be desaturated and maybe smoothed to the point that there's no texture, just eyes, nose and hair floating in space. Ok, maybe that's an exaggeration, but basically what I see. Everything is so gray that they look underexposed to me. Take the tatoos for example, they're barely visible. That can't be right. ne_nau.gif

Regards,
    -joel

I was kinda thinking the same. She seems washed out on the background. I keep wanting to see more detail but there's none to see.
    http://www.betterphoto.com/Premium/Default.aspx?id=329340&mp=V1

Canon 40D, 28-135mm, 50mm f/1.8, 10-22mm, 70-300, 580 EXII, ST-E2, 500D Diopter
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2009
    I think shooting wise, you did good, but PP wise, I have to agree with the above two posters. The low contrast thing just doesn't do it for me ne_nau.gif
  • PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2009
    my fav #6 clap.gif

I am not so crazy about the blown out skin either.

Take Care,
    Charles
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
  • TrevlanTrevlan Registered Users Posts: 649 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2009
    I'm realy big on the desaturated look. Love them. Great work.
    Frank Martinez
    Nikon Shooter
    It's all about the moment...
  • dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2009
    Well I love the model and the styling. Couple comments.

On #1, her pose and your angle isn't all that flattering. Tends to make her look shorter and thicker than she really is.

I like #2. #3 is nice too. On #4, I think you should have worked the pose a bit more. A higher chin and face looking right through the arm (her chin is cropped and too much white in the eyes) is a classic pose.

Number 5 is very cute. But... in general, it's best to either show all the bust or none-- cropping right across the bust is rarely good in terms of composition. I know, I know, rules are meant to be broken but I'm not sure if this was intentional on your part.

#6 is nice but would have looked better (more neck) in my opinion if you had gotten her to lift her chin a bit.

Just my two cents (which ain't worth much in this economy!) :D

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+