Sweet

lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
edited November 2, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
I know I have a heavy hand doing PP, so I toned it down a little, but I also thought that with this subject I could get away with some heavy PP. Let me know if I'm sadly mistaken. Thank you.
FYI, all shot with a Lensbaby Muse--except for the shot from the street.

699610341_MmnbC-XL-1.jpg

699704905_XTWeX-XL.jpg

699618610_mvC2z-XL-1.jpg

699614838_XtBQW-XL-1.jpg

699887362_NBi3p-XL.jpg
Liz A.
_________

Comments

• tortillatorturetortillatorture Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2009
    you really handle that lens. shot nr2 is lovely!
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2009
    I like the effect in #3 (though I got a bit woozy looking at it), and was completely bothered by all the focus across the entire frame of the last one...rolleyes1.gif Nice colors in that one on a serious note.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2009
    Cool Liz thumb.gif And if you want to be heavy handed on your editing...go for it.

My fav is #2. I think its because of the subject. Looks like a little dolls dress hanging there. Is it?

Woozie is a good word for #3 rolleyes1.gif I took a zoom effect photo the other day and I'll be dang...I can't even look at it to edit itrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2009
    Hey Liz,

Quite an eclectic gathering here, but well done with them all.

Take care,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2009
    Hi Liz... for me it is #2 and the last one.....I think #2 would be better if the sleeves and collar were in focus.......As for the last one thumb.gif love it.. colors and all.......azzaro
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2009
    you really handle that lens. shot nr2 is lovely!

Hi TT,
    I gotta tell you, it's a 50/50 chance I'll get the shot with this lens--when you nail it it's beautiful, but usually I'm just shy of nailing it.

#2 is my favorite as well--
    Liz A.
    _________
    edited November 2, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    I like the effect in #3 (though I got a bit woozy looking at it), and was completely bothered by all the focus across the entire frame of the last one...rolleyes1.gif Nice colors in that one on a serious note.

rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif that was too funny Andrew.
    Thank you about the colors:D .
    Liz A.
    _________
    edited November 2, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    Cool Liz thumb.gif And if you want to be heavy handed on your editing...go for it.

My fav is #2. I think its because of the subject. Looks like a little dolls dress hanging there. Is it?

Woozie is a good word for #3 rolleyes1.gif I took a zoom effect photo the other day and I'll be dang...I can't even look at it to edit itrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

Hi Mary Kim,
    #2 is my favorite, and yes it's a little doll's dress made out of candy wrappers, notice the inside layer is made with York Peppermint patties--I thought it was such a nice attention to detail.

#3 Makes me a little woozy too--it was a giant bathtub full of gumballs--I wanted to dive in so badly.
    Liz A.
    _________
    edited November 2, 2009
    Hey Liz,

Quite an eclectic gathering here, but well done with them all.

Take care,

Tom

Thank you Tom,
    I'm trying to get a handle on this lensbaby--I love it, but it's frustrating.
    Liz A.
    _________
    edited November 2, 2009
    Azzaro wrote:
    Hi Liz... for me it is #2 and the last one.....I think #2 would be better if the sleeves and collar were in focus.......As for the last one thumb.gif love it.. colors and all.......azzaro

Hi Azzaro,
    #2 I was just shy of getting something in total focus--When you hit the sweet spot with a lensbaby, it's a thing of beauty--but you are right, I think I just missed it.

Glad you like the last one--I love the colors in that myself--Talk about a candy store.
    Liz A.
    _________
    edited November 2, 2009
    Put candy in an image and I don't care how much PP is involved.
    Great images, wonderful subject and most of all CANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!
    clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Great minds think alikemwink.gif . I had a field day in that candy store. I am typing this as I eat yet another mini crunch bar--One of my teeth actually hurts, I think I may have a cavity--but I just moved the chocolate over to the other side and it's all good.
    This halloween season may send me to the dentist, GULP!

Mods--we need a smiley emoticon that is in the fetal position, sucking his thumb and tucked in a little corner.

Thanks for looking and commenting Shawn. Glad you like it so much.
    Liz A.
    _________