Options

FS: Nikkor 50/1.8 - Sharp lens

wildviperwildviper Registered Users Posts: 560 Major grins
edited November 1, 2009 in Nikon Land
I am sorry but I have returned my Canon 7D and sticking with Nikon. Item no longer up for sale.

Hi All,

Up for sale is a Nikkor 50/1.8 that has taken a slight dip in the Pacific Ocean! This happened in Dec 2007.

Before you run away, this lens works and is sharp. It only has one problem. Sometimes, the focus ring would jam and thus won't autofocus. My fix is simple..just manually unjam the focus ring and then it works again like a charm. Though this has not happened since my last thorough cleaning job, but you never know. You can certainly feel small grinding(salt or sand) when you manually use the focus ring.

It also has a small discoloration of the front glass. Not sure how, but it is there. No effect on pictures though at all.

For this reason, I am discounting this lens quite a bit. Know this...you are getting a DEAL since this lens works perfectly otherwise.

I have pictures of the lens and some recent pictures(Sep 2009) I have taken from it.

699762905_J3zeS-M.jpg

Here is the gallery: 50mm

I am asking $70 paypalled and shipped within CONUS.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
WildViper
From Nikon D70s > Nikon D300s & D700
Nikon 50/1.8, Tamron 28-75/2.8 1st gen, Nikkor 12-24/4, Nikkor 70-200/2.8 ED VR, SB600, SB900, SB-26 and Gitzo 2 Series Carbon Fiber with Kirk Ballhead