Halloween Photos

Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
edited November 3, 2009 in People
Been away from the forum for way too long... I notice lots of new names and many of the old stand-by. Here are a several from our church's Halloween party. All of been moderately to heavily post-processed and I'm curious as to reactions.

700215459_DxNeg-L.jpg

700214718_ZN37h-L.jpg

700215947_d8rjk-L.jpg

700215858_Zn7As-L.jpg

Thanks for looking and any comments/critiques would be appreciated.
Mike J

Comments and constructive criticism always welcome.
www.mikejulianaphotography.com
Facebook

Comments

• mud390mud390 Registered Users Posts: 219 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2009
    In my eyes, #2 and #3 are the winners here. Very nice work.

Kris
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2009
    I think you did Heath Ledger proud in the processing on #1. I'm impressed how much sharpness there is with f/2.8 in the image.

#2 is total Eddie Munster! Love it. A bit soft, but wonderful.

#3. Love the light. Looks like you did some editing and missed a spot above her head, but that's an easy fix.

#4 is sweet. Wish the chairs were more defocused, but she is so angelic (yeah I know she's a fairy). Usually don't like the desat stuff so much, but it feels like it works really well here.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    I think you did Heath Ledger proud in the processing on #1. I'm impressed how much sharpness there is with f/2.8 in the image.

#2 is total Eddie Munster! Love it. A bit soft, but wonderful.

#3. Love the light. Looks like you did some editing and missed a spot above her head, but that's an easy fix.

#4 is sweet. Wish the chairs were more defocused, but she is so angelic (yeah I know she's a fairy). Usually don't like the desat stuff so much, but it feels like it works really well here.

Thanks for the comments. I appreciate it. These were the 4 of the many that I took where I tried to get the processing to match the mood of the costume.

Yup - the processing was severe and did miss that one spot on #2. I'll get that cleaned up.

#1 is a close family friend. We're encouraging him to use this on his Christmas card this year.
    #4 - I have the same wish. I'm wondering what this would like like if I tried one of the newer Bokeh plug-ins.
    Mike J

Facebook
  • Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2009
    mud390 wrote:
    In my eyes, #2 and #3 are the winners here. Very nice work.

Kris

Thanks Kris. We have #2 in our class on Sunday so we have lots of fun together. He has quite the personality.
    Mike J

Facebook
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2009
    Very nice! Even though the chairs are a bit too visible for my liking, I really dig #4 thumb.gif