Halloween- not so spooky

sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
edited November 3, 2009 in People
Here are my girls on Halloween:) Little Red Riding Hood, and a Werecat. The older child told me, "Man, I felt like my posing was on tonight!"

1.699444053_c7Djh-L.jpg

2.699445184_6s9GT-L.jpg

3.699447057_j2HAv-L.jpg

4.698966921_n6EVV-L.jpg

5.699450475_s6tY7-L.jpg

6.698971474_dDWfT-L.jpg

7.699454478_hYg5a-L.jpg

8.699458758_8NAMR-L.jpg

9.699459721_Jgh5N-L.jpg

Comments

• ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2009
    LOVE #4. Pose, light, background...just right! clap.gif Wonderful costumes on two cute kids! The look in #1...whew...I guess that goes beyond "cute"...to more grown up. :D
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2009
    Elaine wrote:
    LOVE #4. Pose, light, background...just right! clap.gif Wonderful costumes on two cute kids! The look in #1...whew...I guess that goes beyond "cute"...to more grown up. :D

Thanks, Elaine. I think she was going for Little Red who can take care of herself and not let Grandma get eaten by the wolf. She's started the countdown to college:( She announced today that if she doesn't get into Stanford, she wants to go international! We have 4 more years after this, but I know they will go too fast.

Anyway, I was pretty excited about what I got out of them in our 5 minute shoot before heading to a friends house for trick or treating. These were taken at our stop at Grandma's house on the way.

Caroline
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2009
    Yup, #4 was the one that jumped out at me too!! What fun - been ages since you've posted your girls. And she sure is looking VERY mature these days!! I'm now reminded of Sondheim's "Into the Woods" where Little Red sings one of my all-time-favorite lines:

Isn't it great to know a lot
    And a little bit.... not.
    (click for full text - it's brilliant!)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    edited November 1, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    Yup, #4 was the one that jumped out at me too!! What fun - been ages since you've posted your girls. And she sure is looking VERY mature these days!! I'm now reminded of Sondheim's "Into the Woods" where Little Red sings one of my all-time-favorite lines:

Isn't it great to know a lot
    And a little bit.... not.
    (click for full text - it's brilliant!)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She loves "Into The Woods". Hopefully, I'll have their school portraits to post soon. I've already taken them:) We also have Christmas outfits, if only I can find the time....

Caroline
    P.S. Anyone seen "Where The Wild Things Are"? My Lily, the 8 year old, is totally "Max". It was both heartbreaking and delightful to watch with her.
  • kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2009
    These are great! I agree that #4 RULES! Something about the distance you had on her and the b/g work VERY well. Very storybook there clap.gifclap.gif Great work! I always only have 5 minutes to shoot my kids, lol. They won't stand still for longer than that. Your girls are adorable!
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2009
    4 is the winner here, but that 'tude in #1 is just so wonderful. Love the light and pose in #7 of your younger, but, as we found out with ours, those teeth just don't work without making the whole mouth region look puffy.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2009
    I am not going to be the odd one out, I too prefer #4 thumb.gif I actually really like #6, also. You should be very happy with these!
    edited November 3, 2009
    ivar wrote:
    I am not going to be the odd one out, I too prefer #4 thumb.gif I actually really like #6, also. You should be very happy with these!

I did some processing on the favorite:)

701547457_Etq7T-L.jpg

The original:

698966921_n6EVV-L.jpg

Okay, maybe a little spooky:

702493128_xEu2X-L.jpg

It's away's wonderful when I can use my skills to capture my kids. I'm getting better at getting good results quickly.
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2009
    I like your edit. Has nice feel to it.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site