The Day Before and On the Way to Acadia

eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
edited November 5, 2009 in Landscapes
I've been in 'lurk' mode ever since the Acadia trip as I suddenly find myself in the most stressful position of trying to purchase my first home :clap

Finally got around to looking at some photos taken on a drive through New Hampshire the day before the Acadia trip and am slowly getting to the Acadia ones by reviewing those taken on the drive up. Here are the better ones so far.
E

1 Crawford Notch
695819309_eNcfK-L.jpg

2 Silver Cascade
695823514_uvNG6-L.jpg

3 On the Road
695826474_VYVjA-L.jpg

4 Mirrored Sunset
695833292_YqFqc-L.jpg

And on the way to Acadia
5 Bucksport Bridge
695820634_mpvnr-L.jpg

6 Cows!
695818266_RBhkY-L.jpg

Comments

• New England PhotographyNew England Photography Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited November 3, 2009
    eoren1 wrote:
    I've been in 'lurk' mode ever since the Acadia trip as I suddenly find myself in the most stressful position of trying to purchase my first home clap.gif

Finally got around to looking at some photos taken on a drive through New Hampshire the day before the Acadia trip and am slowly getting to the Acadia ones by reviewing those taken on the drive up. Here are the better ones so far.
    E

4 Mirrored Sunset
    695833292_YqFqc-L.jpg

And on the way to Acadia
    5 Bucksport Bridge
    695820634_mpvnr-L.jpg

That is Moose Pond in Maine and The Penobscot Narrows Bridge in Bucksport Maine. I have many pictures of the route you took to Bar Harbor. If you had made the trip 4 days later, you would have had snow on Mt. Washington
  • SchnauzerSchnauzer Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2009
    Nice work Eoren.

Crawford notch is always beautiful. I love that area.

I will always remember when you were running up and down the street looking for coffee when I think about the shootout.
    RON
  • eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2009
    Thanks for the post and for pointing out the name of the lake! I forgot to punch it in to the gps as a 'favorite' and was wondering if I would every figure out where it was taken.
    E
    edited November 3, 2009
    Schnauzer wrote:
    Nice work Eoren.

Crawford notch is always beautiful. I love that area.

I will always remember when you were running up and down the street looking for coffee when I think about the shootout.

Thanks for the comments Ron. And, yah, that was not my finest moment hunting for a 'fix' rolleyes1.gif
    E
  • SnowgirlSnowgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,155 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2009
    Ah - you didn't find the bakery on Cottage St.? That was mecca for Lauren and me in the mornings! Home made goodies and really rich coffee!

Nice shots and congrats on your first home. I hear ya about the stress. We just sold our farm (sob, sniff) and are in the process of having a small 'retirement' home built.
    Creating visual and verbal images that resonate with you.
    http://www.imagesbyceci.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ImagesByCeci
    Picadilly, NB, Canada
  • hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2009
    Nice set, E. Like the colors and details in the granite in #2.

I hope you have all the camera equipment you are going to need for the next 20 years now that you are buying a house.:D
  • EketelonEketelon Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited November 4, 2009
    Beautiful! I love them but my favorite is #2. Got a thing for waterfalls and streams especially captured at slow shutter speeds! Way to go! bowdown.gif

Thanks for sharing.
    Lover of God and Fisher of Men for Christ
    Bodies: Nikon D300 & D70
    Lens: Sigma 28-70/2.8, Nikon 18-70, 50mm/1.4, 70-200
    Lights: SB-600, Alien Bees 400 & 800
    edited November 4, 2009
    hawkeye978 wrote:
    Nice set, E. Like the colors and details in the granite in #2.

I hope you have all the camera equipment you are going to need for the next 20 years now that you are buying a house.:D

Thanks Tom,
    Pretty pathetic that, as soon as I read your comment, my first thought was 'hmmm granite as in countertops?' rolleyes1.gif (we need to redo the kitchen when this purchase goes through)

Thanks for all the comments everyone!
    E
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2009
    Hey Eyal congrats and good luck on the purchase! The road to the shootout looks as gorgeous as the shootout did. I just can't get over how incredible the foliage is this year. :)

I love that lazy cow shot. Looks like that wasn't the cow's best moment, either. :D
  • dseidmandseidman Registered Users Posts: 824 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2009
    Nice series of images! The Fall colors are sure looking good.
    The only thing I can really suggest is to maybe play around with the color balance a bit in #6. Some of the leaves have a magenta-look to them.
    Anyway, good work on these.
    edited November 5, 2009
    Thanks Danny,
    That's Lightroom's 'auto' WB. Couldn't decide if I liked it more than what the camera had come up with though it definitely gave some richer colors to the leaves. I'm realizing it pushed the reds a bit too far. I'll play around with it a bit more. And one more of the cows - mwink.gif
    695819263_9dMDU-L.jpg